𝟗 / 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞

───※ ·❆· ※───

we were having dinner at the restaurant near the beach, the sky is starting to show a tint of orange as the sun is setting

we were having dinner at the restaurant near the beach, the sky is starting to show a tint of orange as the sun is setting. i ate the delicious crab on my plate whilst enjoying the refreshing tall glass of ice tea alongside it. hinata and yamaguchi were happily chatting while yachi was quietly laughing at their conversation topics and sometimes joining in their conversation. meanwhile kageyama, tsukishima, and i quietly enjoyed our meal.

"thanks for treating us to dinner, kageyama" i said as i put a hand on his shoulder, he was sitting next to me. "even though it was because you lost the bet"

kageyama smiled. "no problem, it's the least i could do after a couple of years of not seeing you guys" yamaguchi, yachi, and hinata gave an aw in response. kageyama awkwardly looked away, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"you've really come a long way" i said, smiling at him. i remembered how cold and closed off he was back in highschool, i'm glad to see he changed.

"thanks, (___). means a lot to me" kageyama replied, placing his hand on top of mine—that was still resting on his shoulder—and gave me a kind smile.

tsukishima abruptly stood up and excused himself, yamaguchi stood up right afterwards and went after him. the atmosphere got slightly awkward, hinata tried to lighten up the mood. it slightly worked but i still felt uneasy. after around 15 minutes yamaguchi came back with a dejected expression, we asked him what happened and he told us that tsukishima was at the beach and he didn't want to talk.

"i'll go talk to him, maybe i can bribe him to tell us what's wrong" i said, half jokingly. i took my bag that i hung over the back of my chair and started walking to the beach.

┊͙✧˖*°࿐

"a penny for your thoughts?" i said, sitting on the sand next to tsukishima.

"turn that penny into a meal and we've got a deal" tsukishima replied.

"damn alright, i didn't know it was so expensive to know the thoughts of the elusive tsukishima kei" i teased. "alright i'll treat you to a meal, now tell me what's wrong because the suspense is killing me"

"fine, if you really must know" tsukishima paused. "it felt.. uncomfortable for me, seeing you close with him"

"him?" i paused, thinking. "kageyama?"

tsukishima looked away, then he nodded.

i looked at him with a confused expression on my face. "what made you uncomfortable? i mean i know you've had your differences with him but-"

"it's not about him necessarily, it's when he interacts with you specifically" tsukishima interrupted, slightly aggravated.

"tsukishima.. are you jealous?" i asked, genuinely surprised.

tsukishima flinched at my question, he didn't reply.

"there's no reason to be jealous, we're all friends aren't we?" i said as i placed my hand on his arm, trying to comfort him. "you're still my favourite person to annoy"

tsukishima laughed. "likewise"

"unless.." i started, tsukishima looked at me with a curious expression. "..you're jealous because you like me or something"

tsukishima immediately stood up and looked at me with an angry expression. "not in a million- no, not in a billion years"

i laughed hysterically, holding on to my stomach as it was starting to hurt a little. "what are you? an elementary school student?! who even still says that?"

"tch, whatever. let's just go back" tsukishima said, walking away.

"wait up!" i shouted, running after him.

we arrived at the restaurant to see that the others were already waiting for us in front of the restaurant. tsukishima awkwardly apologised and the others were relieved that it was resolved. we all got back to the car and it was tsukishima's turn to drive. i sat on the passengers seat to keep him company as the others were already asleep.

"now that i think about it, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if you like me" i whispered to him, quietly laughing.

"please stop talking" tsukishima replied.

───※ ·❆· ※───