{82} 𝘙𝘶𝘯 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘦

Start from the beginning

"And put it in another." Caroline finished, scoffing as she poured herself a drink. "So, after they siphon it from Hope, what are they supposed to do with it? You can't just shove a demon in a jar and put it on a shelf." She told him.

"They'll put it in me." Klaus said.

"That's great," Caroline said, sarcastically. "And then you can practice mindful meditation while we just cross our fingers and hope that you don't develop some sort of temper. Oh, wait." She said and had a drink.

Klaus took the glass from her, setting it on the desk.

" Do you remember when you and your friends threaten to chain me up, drown me in cement and drop me in the deepest ocean? Well, when your daughters have put the magic in me, I need you to make good on that threat." He said and Caroline looked at him in shock.

" I won't fight you this time." He told her.

"I was just a kid back then," Caroline told him. "I didn't know--that was a long time ago." She said.

"I can't allow my daughter to die." Klaus replied.

"But I promise you, I will not endanger yours.
Caroline, please. Caroline, I'm begging you." He said and Caroline looked at Klaus, conflicted.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Caroline, Klaus, Josie and Lizzie had met up in the abandoned house in the woods.

"What do we get if we say yes?" Josie asked.

"The warm feeling in your heart that comes from helping a friend in need." Caroline answered.

"Well, we are in need of new cellphones." Lizzie said." And permission to go to the Senior Solstice dance," Josie added." And you and Dad, take the skirt length rules out of the dress code. It's anti-feminist and oppressive." She told her mom.

"And not cute," Lizzie agreed. Caroline looked at her daughters.

" No to the phones, maybe to the dance and yes to defying the patriarchy one plaid skirt at a time. Deal?" She told them.

Josie and Lizzie exchanged a look.

" Deal." Josie said and Caroline smiled.

"Now, Mr. Mikaelson is going to explain exactly what he needs you to do." Caroline told them.

"Very clearly and kindly without even a hint of a temper or frustration." She said and Lizzie scoffed.

" he better not, or I'm going to have to get uncle Jake on his behind." Lizzie said and Josie chuckled quietly.

"First of all, thank you." Klaus said before yelling in pain and falling to the ground after being staked from behind.

Alaric Saltzman was standing outside, holding up a crossbow.

"Dad?" Josie asked as they all looked at him. Alaric walked in.

" Whatever the hell's going on here, no." He said angrily looking at Caroline.

Josie and Lizzie looked at each other before looking at their father.