THE {Ē}

Alp words carrying this Ē are few but in a word such as vissēpon (hornet), the letter would carry the same value as the long É and thus it is pronounced /visi.pon/

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {ĀO} AND {Ā}

Words like racāo (rascal) is pronounced as "AU" but here it is always written as "AO" and it sounds like the English word howl.

On its own, the Ā is pronounced as "A" in the English word apple but there are a few instances where it is recorded to be pronounced as the "A" in ape. (Such pronunciations are frequent in names)

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {IR}

In words where these letters are together, it is often pronounced as air. The R is rhotic and always trilled. This means it should always be audibly rolled over the tongue.

E.g

mir (i or me)
peramir (lost)
nelmir (we or us)
pelir (keep)

In most phrases, two words placed next to each other have the same IR e.g "elir hirma" (stay outside). Here, the sound changes in pronunciation. The IR in elir becomes ear while the IR in hirma remains as "air".

Whenever it is followed by a feminine denominator - the letter A. Example; Hlsira (mother) It is pronounced as the IR in the English name "Kira".

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {AI}

In a word such as "hamain" (pain) the "AI" is not the same as it sounds in the English word pain or the word bain (which means to be ready or willing) Here, the AI becomes the same as "eye" and so "hamain" would be pronounced as such.

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {ĀÉ}

The ĀÉ is a rare consonant and only appears in a handful of words because both are considered independent vowels.
Thus, in word such as hāélañne (attack) the ĀÉ is pronounced as /ay.ei/

✿✿✿✿✿✿

HOW THE APOSTROPHE {'} IS USED

The apostrophe indicates a different tone and is a diacritical mark. In words like Ici'achto which is how to say "eighteen" in local Alp, the apostrophe does not separate the word as seen, it rather separates the pronunciation.

Therefore, the word is to be pronounced as;
/e.see.acto/

Other examples are;

mi'ara = /me.ara/
A'ré = /a.ri/
Z'marir = /zee.marir/

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {YR}

Whenever a word has the consonant "YR" it is pronounced  as /yiri/

E.g manyrion /man'yirion/

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {DY}

A word with DY consonant is pronounced as /dj/ like the English dʒ 

E.g dyak /djak/

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {S}

The letter "S" should be pronounced normally except in certain instances where it takes on the "zee" sound. This only happens when the letter precedes itself in a particular word.

E.g "Vissēpon" /viz.ipon/

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {QU}

In words such as "quildret" (enemy), the QU is the same as "key" thus;

Quildret = /key-dret/

Whereas in a different word such as "siquen" (valiant), the QU sounds like queer or KWE. Thus;

Siquen = /si-kwen/

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {HL}

Words with HL are very few in the Alp tongue and would likely appear more in Elvish names and titles than in actual words. The only known word with the HL in the Alp tongue is "Hlinian" which means "to lean".
The HL is pronounced as the word "hill" and thus;

Hlinian = /hill-nian/

✿✿✿✿✿✿

THE {CH} AND {C}

Unlike how several English words such as "champion" and "check" make use of a tch sound, here, it is pronounced as K.
E.g Ich /eik/

On the other hand, the C sound would be pronounced as it is in English words like "peace" or "terrace". For example, Alp words such as cild (offspring) and tecéñor (flower) carry the same value.

✿✿✿✿✿✿

FEMININE AND MASCULINE TERMS

When referring to feminine terms, words would usually end with an A
E.g

Juna (which means "friend" but it is used to describe a female friend)
Heshna (girl or sometimes used for "she") and Rina (woman) both end with (a)
Édéira (her/she)
Édia (hers)

On certain occasions, a general or neutral term like "enemy" can be narrowed down to female by the speaker. Eg

Baork which means "foe" is also used to describe a female enemy.

When referring to masculine terms, words would often take on the letter "I"
E.g

Juni (masculine form for "friend")
Heshni (boy)
Rini (man)
Baorki (male foe or enemy)
Édéri (him, he)
Édri (his)

๑'•.̫ • '๑ლ╰'꒳~♪♡

I hope you understand now, dear reader.
This chapter might be updated in the future when newer terms in the Alp tongue or maybe other tongues are introduced. For now, this is the end.

Mir mirto 🤍