Chapter 15

It became a double celebration when King Javan announced that Aurora's eyesight had been miraculously restored. Although he did not state who had done it, he thanked the gods for showing their mercy to his household. The joy of it seemed to leave an everlasting smile on the old King's face and that of his wife. Other than the King and Queen themselves, no other person was as joyous as Brijjet.

He broke into tears from the news right there on the pavilion when he discovered his bride could see again. Afterwards, Waverly caught Aurora whispering something to him. His gaze immediately found hers and he broke into a happy smile. Waverly smiled back and nodded knowing Aurora had just told him that she was responsible for the miracle. The exchange of smiles alone mended their friendship once more.

Waverly smiled genuinely as the four Nurses; Reela, Myrta, Sage and Noble joined them both in perfect everlasting union being the oldest Elves alive. Her gaze subsequently found Phyllis on the opposite end of the garden as the latter tried to use her expressions to ask what had happened. She caught sight of Regent too dressed in dark robes with Grace standing next to him, her arms entwined around his. It was a cheerful sight watching her continuously nudge him in an attempt to shake him out of his thoughts. He flashed a warm smile in her direction every time she did. Waverly's eyes traveled from chair to chair; Serene was present, same as Chedor, a few Gypsies, two Vestonian soldiers and a few loitering nature spirits. Cassiope had attended with two of her relatives; Loni and Lillybelle, and her friend Tona.

Her gaze moved to the row behind and she caught a familiar person watching the ceremony in solemn silence - Luanda. She was dressed in a simple green gown to match the wedding theme and her dark hair was braided down her back, ornated with her usual crown of roses.

A great musical performance was given by the royal minstrels after the nuptials and refreshments. The chairs were moved back to create a dance floor. The bride and groom danced first, joined by the King and Queen and then the invitees surrounded them. Waverly sat next to Grace closest to the garden wall with Regent perched on the other side nibbling on a cupcake. The food seemed to have brightened him up more than anything else and he made it a point to laugh at whoever danced the silliest. Grace joined him as well.

"Hese going the wrong move about hese feet. Thatse no way to dance." She scoffed then gave Regent her hand. "Letse show them how itse done right."

Regent put down the cupcake and took her hand, allowing her lead him to the dance floor. As the celebration progressed into nightfall, Waverly found herself dancing with Diarmaid. It was an old traditional Elvish dance and everyone joined in. The steps were easy and the tune cheerful, led mostly by the sounds of flutes, harps and a drum.

Waverly discovered she had had fun to the fullest that day. She felt strangely free like she had been yanked out into the open air after being stashed underground for so long. The day seemed to never come to an end and the music never stopped. Everyone went into full merriment mode - showing off their unique dance skills or introducing a new song. Even the Gypsies gave quite the performance whereas Brijjet and Diarmaid outshone them with a peculiar tap dance routine.

Luminous stars flooded the sky that night as if they too wanted to witness the wedding. The moon came out, illuminating everything from the flower beds, the mix of colors on fabric, the golden chairs and to the silver band across Aurora's and Brijjet's forefingers that indicated them as the newly weds.

At last when the moon was fullest, Waverly decided to leave as she had gotten quite exhausted. Phyllis and Ceylon stayed behind dancing to a new tune, Regent surprisingly joined them with Grace clapping and cheering. Diarmaid and Dermot left earlier as their respective teams had reached out to them for a late night scout.