"Four to six months!" Scarlet gaped in disbelief.

"Your knee has to heal and then I'd like you to go to therapy to help strengthen it again." Dr. Murphey explained taking the ice pack away and glancing over at Harry. "Ice her knee a few times a day and elevate it using a pillow or something comfortable. When you go to re-wrap it make sure it's just slightly snug, we don't want to cut off her blood circulation or anything."

Harry nodded and watched as the doctor wrapped Scarlet's knee. Scarlet had her arms folded over her chest with a scowl on her pretty face. She definitely was not happy about this in the least bit. Once the doctor was done wrapping her knee, he handed Harry a prescription for some pain medicine for whenever Scarlet needed it then bid them a good night. A few minutes later a nurse came in with a pair of crutches. Scarlet stared at the metal devices and then looked at Harry before holding her arms out; a silent request to be carried.

Harry carried her out of the hospital with Niall following behind carrying the crutches; Liam and Sophia having left for Harry's flat after finding out Scarlet was okay.

At home, Harry handed Scarlet over to Sophia, asking her to help Scar get cleaned up and dressed. Once she was ready for bed, Harry tucked her in and kissed her forehead. The others left soon after and Harry sat down at the dining room table. He scrubbed his hands over his face and sighed heavily. How was he ever going to afford an emergency room bill and therapy? Sure he got paid good enough to keep the flat, the car, buy food, and spoil Scarlet a little but a hospital bill... those were big and then to add therapy on top of it... he just didn't know how he was going to manage that.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Louis walked into his living room with a cup of tea in his hand. Work had seemed to drag on all day and he was ready to enjoy a cuppa before heading to bed. He picked up his TV remote and switched on the TV.

It was on the local news channel and he never watched the news. He was about to change it when the anchor started talking.

"In news off the field tonight, a local prodigy football player was injured. It was reported that number 14, Scarlet Styles, of the Little Dashers was taken down by a larger player on the opposing team when she was lining up what was sure to be the winning goal." Anchor one said.

Louis nearly dropped his cup of tea in his lap.

"We were able to speak to the coach of the Little Dashers very briefly and he said Styles was taken by ambulance to the hospital and they received word that she will, unfortunately, be out for the season." Anchor two stated grimly.

"It was also discovered that the player that tackled Styles was not a legal player in the game. The cut off age for these teams is 9 and the player was 11. The Little Rovers have since been disqualified and will not be in the running for the championship." Anchor one continued.

"I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we wish Styles a speedy recovery." Anchor two started and Louis muted the TV.

He set the remote down on the table along with his cup and pulled his laptop into his lap, going to NiallHoran93's YouTube page. There was a new video posted just an hour ago and it was already pushing 100,000 views.

Louis clicked on the video and watched as his daughter hustled the ball down the field to the goal. He watched as she lined up and then got tackled to the ground. The video showed a glimpse of her afterwards, lying on the ground and not moving. He wished he could have been there when it happened. He wished he could have been there to hold her. He wished he could have been there to hold Harry's hand and whisper that their daughter would be okay. But he wasn't there because he fucked up.