Scarlet had nodded her head and ate like she was told to do. Harry had tried his best to avoid the topic after that. To his surprise though he didn't have to try very hard because Scar didn't bring it up. She went through first and second grade without so much as mentioning her other dad. When one of her friends would come over to play and they would ask where her other parent was Scarlet would just shrug and continue on with whatever she was doing.

It did happen eventually though... Harry knew it was coming. Once Scarlet got into the third grade she brought it up.

"Daddy?" Scarlet asked crawling into Harry's lap on the sofa. "Will you tell me about my other dad now?"

Harry tensed at the question but sighed in defeat. She wasn't old enough to understand everything, but maybe he could make it simple...

"I don't really know what to tell you sweetpea. Um... your dad and I dated for a long time back when I was younger, I really thought that he was the one. You know like in your princess movies, when the princess finds her prince?" Harry questioned and Scar nodded. "I thought I had found my prince, but he left me."

"Was it because of me?" Scarlet asked quietly, her voice wavering.

"No!" Harry gasped. "No baby girl! I never got a chance to tell him about you... he left before I could."

"Why?" She questioned frowning.

"He found someone else... he told me that we were done... um like we couldn't be together anymore. He told me that and then left." Harry replied sadly, feeling his eyes burn at the memory that was ever present in his head.

"I don't like him." Scarlet said fiercely.

Harry chuckled weakly and stroked her hair, "But you don't know him sweetie..."

"He made you cry daddy..." She responded bringing her small hand up to his cheek and catching a tear that escaped his eye. "I don't like him."

"Okay baby." Harry whispered hugging her to his chest and kissing her head. "Just remember, you have me always and of course Grandma, Grandpa Robin, Uncle Niall, Aunt Gemma, Uncle Liam, and Aunt Sophia."

"I like Uncle Niall, he's funny." Scarlet giggled then yawned.

That night Niall uploaded the clip of the team with their backs to the camera to YouTube. Every video he posted of Scarlet and the team got tens of thousands of views. A few of the videos that had really highlighted Scarlet's and the other prodigies skills soared over a hundred thousand views.

Harry couldn't have been prouder of his daughter. She was definitely on her way to being a pro and as long as she was happy, he was happy. He didn't need... him in his life to be happy. All he needed was his precious little girl, his family, and his friends. Of course there was always that little voice in his mind scoffing at that thought and he knew... he knew his heart still longed for the void that had been left behind by Louis to be filled... the thing was... nobody but Louis would ever be able to fill it.

*~*~*~*~*

Louis sat alone in his too big for one person flat. London had been good to him. He was rich and successful being the owner of a record label. One thing he wasn't though was happy. You would think that with all his money and success he would be, but that was not the case. He crawled to the top; he fought to get where he was now, but it really didn't matter.

He tried not to think about his past. Eight years ago he was happy and then he fucked everything up. He made the biggest mistake of his life. He left Harry, the boy he had fallen in love with when he was just 16. And he really tried never to think about what happened after that. He'd come a long way since then but it still haunted him... his past was always lingering in the back of his mind. Most of the time he could force himself not to think about... instead he would think about what it would be like if he hadn't broken up with Harry... he'd probably be happy and married. But no, he was stupid back then and thought he'd met someone better than Harry... and well... well he was an idiot for thinking that.

Louis sighed heavily and took a bit of his pizza before pulling his laptop onto his lap. He flipped it open and went directly to YouTube. Football always made him feel better. He typed in football prodigy's and found one he hadn't watched. It was impressive, kids so young with such talent. Some of them were even better than he was.

He clicked on a video that was titled "Little Dashers - Football Prodigy Team - 8/23/13". He'd been watching a lot of the Little Dashers videos... they were one of the top prodigy teams and were no doubt going to be contenders for the championship game.

Louis watched a few more of their videos before he realized a new video had just been posted by NaillHoran93, the same user that uploaded most of the Little Dasher videos. He clicked on the video that was titled "Little Dashers - Football Prodigy Team - Scar does it again! VICTORY!"

He watched as the girl rocketed down the field, the other team hot on her heels. She zig-zagged a little, throwing the other player off as she lined up. Louis watched as she drew her leg back and kicked. His breath caught in his throat as the ball soared into the net just as the buzzer sounded to end the game; what a shot!

The video kept going as the girl waved and ran over until she was right in front of the camera. Louis stared at the screen with his eyebrows risen. She was perfect with chocolate curls, bright blue eyes, and a dimpled smile.

"Daddy!" We did it!" She cheered and Louis chuckled.

"You did darling!" A man's voice said and Louis' smile fell immediately.

It didn't matter how long it had been... he'd recognize that deep raspy voice anywhere.

"Show em' who's number one!" The voice cheered.

Louis watched as the whole team lined up and turned to their backs were facing the camera. Their last names and numbers on display as they glanced over their shoulders with smiles on their faces and fists held up.

He almost choked on air when he looked at the girl in the middle... it was written across her jersey... plain as day...

"STYLES"