"Because not once...have I ever tried to reach out to you. It must've been hard staying in here, without anyone close to you living inside the palace."

Y/n clenched her fists.

She feels irritated, and she doesn't even know why.

"With all due respect, your majesty..."

Her husband stared at her, waiting for her to continue.

"I don't need your apology, especially not your sympathy."

The h/c-haired woman looked down, swallowing the lump on her throat.

"You don't need to apologize for neglecting me. After all, you don't love me. We only got married to keep the peace between our countries. I understand if you weren't interested in me as a woman. Also, you did the right thing by keeping me here only as your empress, and not as your wife. I know you want to respect the late empress and to not hurt the prince and princess."

Y/n looked at the emperor. She's hurting, yet she keeps her usual expression. Her stoic facade that she's mastered since growing up.

"Please don't apologize or feel guilty about how our marriage is, your majesty. I do not have any problem with it, and I can assure you that I will never have any concern about us not being a sweet, married couple." Y/n coldly stated.

She was taken aback when the emperor sadly smiled at her.

"Is it just me...or you've become even more colder than the first time I saw you?"

Y/n's eyes went round when the emperor walked towards her, making her begin taking a few steps backward.

She only stopped the moment her back bumped onto a porch.

The emperor stopped right in front of her, blue-eyes stared straight into her eyes, as if he's reading her sleeping soul.

"Just like the rain tonight, you're as cold as the rain. No...you're colder than the rain, empress. I'm afraid I might freeze to death."

Y/n felt a strange heat rush to her face when the emperor leaned his face closer to her, placing his hands beside her head, locking her in his tall figure.

"Y-your majesty...you're too close..."

The h/c-haired woman shut her eyes, feeling annoyed with herself for stuttering. She brought her hands up and placed it on her husband's chest.

"It's inappropriate for us to be this close when we're outside-"

"But there's no one around, empress."

Y/n stared at her husband with disbelief.

Seriously...what's gotten into him?!

"You must be thinking what could've happened to me and why I'm acting like this." The emperor let out a small chuckle, seeing her was caught off guard.

"Your Majesty...I'm certain you're not drunk. It's late already. We should get going. You still have a lot of things to do tomorrow."

Y/n let out a heavy sigh. She gently pushed the blond-man away from her, and she was able to do so.

But before she could even leave, the emperor already has a hold on her hand. She looked back at her husband, Erwin Smith, ruler of the Eldian empire.

Y/n gasped when Erwin pulled her close to him, wrapping an arm around her waist, while he also kept a hold on her left hand.

"You're cold yet so warm."

At this point, Y/n thought she might just faint anytime.

Her heart is racing so fast and beating so fast, she feels so nervous, and her face feels hot. She's flustered at how close she is to the emperor.

This might be the first time they've been so close to each other. In a more intimate way.

"Y-your majesty, what are you doing...?" Y/n asked.

Y/n's breath hitched after her husband leaned his forehead onto hers.

"I'm cold."

The h/c-haired woman gulped.

"W-we can just go back inside, your majesty. So please, let go of me..."

"Y/n."

She stiffened on her place, hearing Erwin's soft tone that called her name.

"How long...will it take for me to win over your heart?"

Y/n stared at Erwin with a surprised look, the blond-man kept a stare into her eyes. He stares so deep, that Y/n feels like she'll drown into his eyes.

"How long will it take for me to make you fall for me?"

No way...

Has the emperor...fallen for me?!
___________________________________

:)