Chapter 18: Pouring Forth Oil II

A/N: Follow SSJ_Warrior

You're on your way to the refinery. It's getting dark, so it should be easier to sneak in. Suddenly, you hear a man crying for help. You ride up to him.

Stranger: Oh, sir, JUST in time! I'm lost out here, and I got no food and no water.

You: Well...I guess I could give you a ride.

Stranger: Oh, you're a good man. A GOOD man! He says, pulling you off Apollo, knocking off your hat.

He mounts up and starts riding away with Apollo. You draw your revolver, but it jams.

You: Shit!

*BANG!*

The horse thief falls off Apollo after being shot in the back of the head. You look behind you, seeing Arthur holding up his cattlemen with smoke coming out of the barrel. You sigh in relief.

Arthur: I see you've made some friends out here, Y/N!

You: Yeah. Some real kind folk out here. You say, dusting the dirt off your jacket.

You take off your bandana and you whistle. You pick up your hat and start dusting it off.

Arthur: Can't believe you fell for that.

You: Hard to be a Good Samaritan nowadays.

You put on your hat and you look at Arthur.

You: What're YOU doin' out here?

Arthur: Same thing as you, a reckon.

You: I doubt that.

Arthur: Why?

Apollo makes it up to you.

You: I gotta steal an oil wagon from that refinery east of Valentine.

Arthur: I won't ask.

You: Well, you might actually be interested. You say, mounting up.

Arthur: That so?

You both start riding down the road towards the refinery.

Arthur: Well, tell me then. What's so special 'bout this oil wagon?

You: Gonna put it on some tracks to stop a train full of wealthy folk.

Arthur: Wow. That's kinda brilliant.

You: It was John's idea, if you can believe it.

Arthur: MARSTON thought of that one? You're sure you heard him right?

You: Clear as day.

Arthur: I'll be damned. You said it was the refinery?

You: Yeah, they bring the oil wagons there. Should be behind the building.

Arthur: You got a plan?

You: I was thinkin' of headin' in from the Northeast side, leads directly to the wagon and it has minimal security. One throwing knife outta be enough.

Arthur: Sounds good. Where you puttin' it?

You: Out by Dewberry Creek.

Arthur: I know just the spot. How 'bout you let me drive the wagon and you shoot anyone who tries to kill us?

You: I like the plan. You drive, I shoot.

Arthur: You're gettin' it.

You: Come on, we ain't too far.