Chapter 17: Pouring Forth Oil I

A/N: In regards to my previous chapter... Wow, you guys really blew it out of the park. Well, that's a few chapters worth. I'm a man of my word. Follow SSJ_Warrior

You wake up in your tent and you walk out. You reach down and you put your boots on, as well as your chaps and spurs. You grab your coat and you put it on. You look for your hat, but it's nowhere to be found.

You walk over to the horse station, and up to Apollo.

You: Mornin', boy.

You give him an oatcake. You reach into your saddle bag and pull out your hat.

You: Had a feelin'.

You put it on. You pat Apollo.

You walk past Dutch's tent.

Dutch: Mr. L/N!

You look inside Dutch's tent to see him sitting on his bed.

Dutch: Come in here, a minute.

You walk into his tent.

You: What can I do for ya?

Dutch: Well...I just wanted to talk to you about what happened with Kieran the other day.

You look down.

You: Dutch, I promise, we had no idea Colm wasn't there. Kieran told us he-

Dutch: I didn't call you in here to reprimand you.

You look up at him. He stands up.

Dutch: I called you in here to...THANK you. I called you in here to thank you...for doing what I know you're best at. YOU, my boy? You're one of the greats. Part of my front line of defense, and with you, it is one hell of a line to take down. You understand?

You nod.

Dutch: ...Listen, son.

He puts his hand on your shoulder.

Dutch: I trust you enough to get a job done, and done well. You cleared out a camp of O'Driscolls not far from where we lay our heads. And for THAT...I thank you.

You: Well, I...I certainly didn't do it alone.

Dutch nods with a smile.

Dutch: But you could've...

You scoff.

Dutch: Now go on. He says, taking his hand off your shoulder. Go make us some money, my boy! He says as you walk out.

You: Whatever's left of it.

You head towards the ledge, where you see John leaning against a tree.

John: Hey, Y/N!

You walk up to him.

You: Marston.

John: Uncle told me somethin' about a train.

You sigh as you itch your neck.

You: Did he, now?

John: He did. Said Mary Beth overheard somethin' about a train full of wealthy folk rollin' down through Scarlet Meadows just South the state border.

You: That sums it up.

John: You need help with it?

You: I don't even know if I wanna do it.

You start walking away, but John follows you.

John: Come on. At night, not too guarded, it's perfect.