Chapter 14: Polite Society, Valentine Style

You ride back into camp. You look at Kieran tied up against a tree. You also see Mrs. Adler glaring at him with her arms crossed from afar.

You dismount and you hitch Apollo. You walk over to Sadie.

You: Mrs. Adler.

She looks at you momentarily, then looks back at Kieran with a glare. You look at Kieran.

Sadie: Can't believe we got one of them with us.

You: I know. I doubt anyone would mind it if you were interested in makin' him swallow his own teeth.

Sadie: Oh, I'd do more than that.

You: No doubt... Once he's gone, I get a feelin' you're gonna start huntin' for 'em.

Sadie: May've crossed my mind once or twice.

You scoff.

You: You'd make one hell of a soldier, Mrs. Adler.

Sadie: Don't you forget it.

You look at the pot of stew. You look back at Kieran. You can see how desperate he is to have one bite.

You: One sec.

You walk off, and Sadie watches you with a confused look. She looks back at Kieran.

You walk over to the O'Driscoll with a bowl of stew in your hand.

You: Evenin'.

You lift up your bandana slightly and you take a bite.

You: Mmm...

Kieran: Oh... He says in a desperate tone.

You: God, ya know...it's so hard eatin' with this bandana on. Hm... Welp. Guess there's one thing I can do about that.

You dump the stew out of the bowl right onto the ground in front of his toes. He groans as he looks down at the food.

You walk back over to Sadie, who's smiling at the O'Driscoll's expense.

Sadie: That looked like it felt good.

You: You got no idea. There's some folks that don't deserve the food in their bellies. That man's one of 'em.

You look over at the wagon up front to see Uncle asleep against it.

You: Speakin' of which.

You start walking towards him.

Sadie: Y/N.

You stop walking and you look back at her.

Sadie: I wanted to thank you. For takin' me into town. I got to clear my head a bit. We should do it again, just the two of us.

You nod.

You: ...I'd like that, Mrs. Adler.

She cracks a smile.

You clear your throat and you momentarily look back at Uncle, then back at Sadie.

You: I'm gonna go and, uh--

Sadie: Sure.

You nod.

You: Good day.

Sadie watches you walk off. She smiles as she looks back at Kieran.

You make it up to Uncle. You kick his leg, waking him up in a panic.

Uncle: Woah, woah, woah!

You: Careful not to work yourself to death there, Uncle.