theatrical performance

Start from the beginning

In two days would be the opening for the musical, and April needed to train, she started to feel nervous. Sunita had offered to rehearse with April, but the yokai also needed to rehearse with the other 'Heathers', and her solo 'Lifeboat'. So that was out of the question...wait! maybe Leo or Mikey knew the musical, if she asked maybe they could help her.

As soon as the day's rehearsals and classes were over, April ran to the sewers, where the turtles lived. But when the brunette got there, she didn't see anyone, no sign of Mikey, or Leo or Raph, and the strangest of all Splinter wasn't in front of the television, that was his soap opera time. April got worried, and decided to see if Donnie wasn't in the lab, it was still sunny outside, they wouldn't be stupid to go out in the middle of the day to be seen, would they? She walked carefully to the laboratory, when she entered there she saw Donatello almost lying on top of the table, working on a project. She knocked twice on the door to get his attention, which made him look up in response.

"Hi Donnie." She greeted walking towards the Soft-Shell "Where are your brothers? and Splinter?"

"Hi to you too April." He said turning his head and hiding his project, and in a sigh he explained "My brothers and my father went to Hidden City, because Leo decided to go get into trouble there, Raph went to avoid him and Mikey They got into trouble and the father was forced to go. I don't know how I got away with that stupid idea, but I'm glad I didn't."

She looked worriedly at the portal, maybe she should rehearse alone.

"Why would you want to know about my brothers?" He asked putting the project away in a drawer, April looked embarrassed "I promise not to respond sarcastically if that's your fear."

"Okay... it's just..." The brunette sighed in defeat "My school is doing a musical and I got the main character..."

"Congratulations..." He said looking confused.

"Thanks but that's not the problem..." She started pacing back and forth "The problem is that my stage partner isn't going to rehearsals and his understudy doesn't help! He just stands there, stutters and keeps forgetting the lines." She stopped to catch her breath "And with that in mind I was going to ask either Leo or Mikey to rehearse with me..."

He was a little offended that she would go to one of her brothers instead of him.

"Which musical?"

"Sorry what did you say?" she looked confused

"Which musical?" He asked again and positioned himself in a serious way "Depending on maybe I know, if the situation is so bad for you to accept help from anyone maybe I can help."

"It's heathers..." She sighed "But if you're busy I can rehearse alone..."

"I already heard about it, lend me the script and I'll rehearse it with you... if you want."

"Thank you so much Dee, I'll owe you one." She said pulling out the script and handing it to Donnie.

"Of course you will." He muttered opening it and glancing at the script.

April decided to start with the song 'seventeen', Donnie sat there and tried to follow along, to April's surprise he sang well, for someone who had never heard that song. April was rehearsing along with the choreography, she insisted that all she needed was for Donnie to sing when he asked if he was to accompany her.

After that one was 'our love is god', Donnie didn't like that one so much, but he sang along to help April, and when she reached down and took his hands he turned red, April is a very good actress, that's what he thought.

"Is there anything else you need help to rehearse on?" He asked stretching, still sitting in his chair.

"Yes...but you don't need to rehearse this one with me, I think you'll feel uncomfortable during it..." April tried to convince him.