Chapter 18- A New Chapter

***Upcoming chapter may be triggering... and not meant for those under 18**

I had just got back from Vegas, and now was time to go back to MEPS. I got up early and drove there. This was the first time I drove to MEPS and got to see firsthand how far it really was from my house. All the other times I got a ride from someone. But either way, I was ready for whatever they told me. I basically would find out if I'm being shipped out again or officially discharged. It was a bit nerve-wracking for me, but I knew with whatever happened, I was going to be ok. If for some reason I wasn't going to be in anymore, it would be ok. I had other dreams I didn't tell anyone about what I was working on secretly. One being a novel about my life... (🤔 I wonder how that's going... 😂)

I had to write it all down for me to see it visually. It was originally going to be a graphic novel, but I chose I didn't want to draw it out, or if I would, it would be later on, or maybe hire someone. But I legit wouldn't expect anyone to read it. I had started it back when I was at the hotel and thought, why not, fuck it! They have Wattys coming soon and I had to the end of August to complete it, why not try to write it by then and get it done in time for that? Maybe my story could help someone? Then again, I don't see how it will, but who am I to judge what helps one person as opposed to another? To me, this was just me living my life and I just wanted to write it somewhere. See, I didn't really talk to anyone anymore. I had canceled out all social media after Vegas. I decided I wasn't going to let the thoughts of others and their opinions dictate my life anymore. I didn't want to bring up Moon to anyone anymore, because people like to grab in the cookie jar even if they are asked not to. Without knowing when they do they tamper with the cookies. So I felt this was best for me and my growth. To just go off-grid and reflect and protect whatever type of connection this was. But I had to write about it somewhere, so I did here... I still debate about writing my high school adventures, and I may do those after this one. Because once I'm caught up to where I am now, I'm current time, o can't really tell you which route it will go. There are so many paths this could turn down and how it could end up, but it's best for me not to expect one path over the other and we all can be left hanging trying to figure out what's next for me, including me. Leave it in God/universe's hands. Hasn't steered me wrong yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️

There's another project in my mind, but I will not release that. That is for me and me alone. We will see if I can finish it and if it happens or not, but as for this military thing, I saw this as, no matter what happened, I was ok with whichever way it went from here. Even if it meant no more to me.

So there I was, ready to go in, waiting for the 05:00. Waiting for the doors to be open for me to find out which route my destiny was going to go. Nail-biting experience, but oddly relaxed about it. I was content either way. Got on the bus with the rest of those coming from a hotel, and getting ready to take their Asvabs and physicals. See if they too were ready to determine their ship date today and if they'd be sworn in today or have to come back at a future date. You could tell a lot of them were nervous. I told them they had nothing to worry about. This is just the beginning and even if they seem scary, all of them actually are super nice here. They're supposed to appear scary to test you. I knew that now.

They took me with the other to the physical area. They tested my eyes, my hearing, drew blood, did the stupid duck walk, and other crap. While I was sitting getting my blood drawn, the guy and I had a long talk about tattoos. We were talking about what we were planning on getting and about a tattoo convention coming up that weekend and how he was planning on going to that and getting one. It was nice to talk to someone about this. See I was there for the Air Force this time... and I was told I may have to get my shield reactor modified so I could wear the uniform and go. I can't set I understood that, and why I brought it up with this guy. Like, the uniform that would require it would barely be worn, and I could see me wearing makeup to cover it, if need be. I didn't see why I had to cover it up by getting parts removed... and I won't lie, o may decide to say fuck it if I had to. I wouldn't want to screw up this amazing tattoo just because of a uniform. If I was still in the Army, it legit would be covered up by all the uniforms and they legit wouldn't care. This guy didn't see how this tattoo would be a problem. Just TSGT Pirate. (Yeah he had the same last name as me and oddly the same first initials for first and middle names... it was so strange. He also had 4 kids about the same age as mine... let's talk about coincidences here with this guy, I could go on and on, but I am not sure I would change my tattoo for it, to make it look ridiculous.)