Chapter 16- Moving Time!

So now that the wedding was over, I was ready to put our old house up on the market and get a new one! So I contacted, Lindy. (We will call her that. It's better than my daughter's friend's mom...) She went over that it may sell quickly because the current housing market and demand for new houses were high right now, but the selling market is very competitive. So we may have to find a place to stay for awhile while we wait for finding a house and for the loan to be approved. She suggested I apply for the loan right away and get pre-approved so the process would go quicker once we were looking for a house.

Well, she wasn't lying about the house selling fast as shit... we literally put it up on the market on a Friday and we got 5 offers in one night... first was a lowballer. We were selling it for $89,000. They wanted $85,000. I told her I didn't want to stick with that one and wanted to wait to see what else came along. She said the longer it's on the market the less interest people will have in it, the first weekend will be the test drive to see how well people were into it. Well, I was at work that night, and offer after offer kept coming in. Someone offered the asking price, and then someone offered $95,000 but with a loan and cash. I was thinking about that one, but the $89,000 was all cash, I knew that was reliable and would help us get this going faster. So that was my main choice but we had 24 hours to choose, the next day... before the 24 hours were up, I got a cash offer for $95,000. I was like fuck yeah! Had to confirm with my mom she was ok with that (this was her house we were selling after all, the fire, flood gate...) it was a bit hard for her to really be all in on this since this was the house my dad bought for and us before he passed. (At that time I was living in a duplex with my kids and ex-husband and we moved in after my dad passed to help her out and so she wouldn't be alone, as I said before after I had kids, my parents changed entirely! I became way closer to them.)

My mom knew that house was shit and was all in for it and within 24 hours of being on the market, we sold the house! Now we had until July 12th to get out. So I had to schedule a storage unit for our stuff for a couple of months, and I did that and scheduled for us to live in a hotel for a few months, that had free breakfast and a pool! My kids would LOVE that! So the week before we moved everything out by the 11th. Jams, Rae, Drex, Sally, and her husband helped us move. The first day we were moving all the big things with a Uhaul and that went well. We got those in one of the storage units. And for the first couple weeks of July Sally and I would drop tons of totes and boxes off at the storage unit. (Most smelled like Dabi and Wade's cat piss sent...) oi... I discover this later... but right before work, I would drop things off and right after work I'd try to make a quick run there, trying to get as much of our crap in the storage unit as possible. I was on Nizza autopilot making this work while also getting all the paperwork and financial things to work. And literal work, I was constantly moving! I was also sending random nudes of me in random places to Moon. 😏 May have snuck one in the storage unit, the Uhaul, my old backyard, and my hero academia/marvel/dc/stitch/creeper superhero mural walls... >.> by the rose bush outside... I had some interesting, and yet clever places and I would attach a story to some of these of how I got there and what was going on with it. There are other places I won't mention. But, yeah... who knows maybe I'm making that part up... no one will know but Moon. I refuse to admit whether that's true or not. >.> Just let your imagination wander. I won't judge. 😏

Well, on moving day 2, I got into a bit of a misunderstanding with Rae and Jams. I heard Rae say something bout getting food from McDonald's and nuggets and I was like awesome, here's $20 towards that. Thought the food was for the kids, but it was just for them. And I said ok I get it, but my kids need to eat and I'm trying to get this stuff done today, but also need to make sure they eat, too before they go to the hotel. Jams took what I said the wrong way, and there was a bit of snapping at each other on both our parts. And was told that they were doing everything and I'm very ungrateful for what Rae does and how much she helps and I don't care about her at all. That set me the fuck off, I'm over here trying to figure out this entire fucking move, finding a new damn house, moving all this shit to a storage unit with barely any help and I'm doing a ton of the work myself, working, and that's what I'm told?! I said well done fuck it, you guys can leave and I got it from here. I was done, whatever didn't make it to storage, oh fucking well. I also had to pay for a damn dumpster because we couldn't get everything out in time, but I just didn't give a damn, I felt better doing it myself and not as if I owed someone for it. I even gave them money and was like thanks for helping, you're paid for your help, you can go now. See this is why I don't ask for help. The part that got me so upset about that is that I know for a fact he snapped like that because she legit told him this shit all the time when she would go back to their house. Like I didn't fucking keep her in mind for things. I was looking for a house, for a damn room included for her. Everyone already knows I hate when people talk shit about me behind my back as it is. And then this? Like yeah, fuck that. She was divorcing this guy anyway, if there was any chance of me considering him family after all of this shit, nah, fuck all of that!