Chapter- Forty Two

A MONTH LATER
ROSLYN'S POV:

Time really flies by when you're with people you love and who love you. Even though I grew up in this town, for about twenty years, still this small time I spent here at home, with Theo, Liam, Uncle Micheal and Natalie, felt like after a long gap, it gave me a new start, as if I've got a wave of refreshment through me.

"Absolutely not. I'm not doing that mom. " Nat complained, snuggling in her bed as her mom sighed with grocery list in her hand.

"You might as well think of getting your own place then, because I'm not letting you stay here with that attitude. "

Nat's mom huffed, folding her arms on her chest, frowning with disappointment.

It's getting pretty cold outside with every passing day and going out in this weather is the last thing someone would want to do. This evening itself feels freezing as I could sense through the loud rustle of trees on harsh chilly breeze brushing through them.

"Mom, please. " Nat squealed, popping her head out to pout at her.

I giggled, jumping in, with her. We've been working all day to get our latest novel published as soon as we could. It is the essence of our hardwork of ages. I've never written any novel in this setting, the one I used in this novel.

"Kids these days... " she sighed, grabbing the door handle and sliding it shut as she left.

Nat snaked her head out to laugh in relief as she stretched, throwing her leg over mine.

"Finally we did it, Roz. A beautiful masterpiece is finally published after spending hours for writing and editing. "

"There was a time when I felt like dropping the idea of publishing it. I was running out of ideas but you kept us on track. "

Nat clicked her tongue in disagreement.

"You were the one who kept our shit together. To be honest, if I had to write something like that, it would never make it past two chapters. You kept us punctual, Miss Roslyn Reed. "

I flushed, narrowing my eyes as we argued, showering our immense amount of honor for each other in loudest tone possible.

"It's almost dark outside, Nat. I better be back before uncle starts attacking your window with his nerf gun. "

She chuckled as I sat up, stretching.

"So, when's your Knight coming to take you back to your palace? I bet he's impatiently waiting even if he agreed to let you stay here. "

She eyed me with a wicked smile, teasing chuckle making me blush like a red tomato, picturing our last date.

"It's wrong to keep your man waiting, Roz. "

I rolled my eyes even if my heart skipped a beat everytime I pictured him.

"Oohh ~ look at that blushing face of yours. " she teased, poking my arm as I stood up smiling uncontrolled.

"I'm not blushing. " I tried to keep a poker face but my face surely did betray me. "I'll get going. See you later Nat. "

"Good Night, Roz" she pulled me down in a hug, poking my stomach as I bounced off and she fell on her back wheezing.

•••

"Why can't I? " my brows furrowed and I held the bedsheets tighter in a fist, my heart forming a tight knot in me that feared an upcoming danger.

"I have few places to be, baby. I want to spend my time with you but right now, I won't be able to do that. You understand Blossom? " Alonzo spoke as his husky voice vibrated through the phone in my ears, only to stop the beating of my heart and let it sink in questions and discontent.