Chapter- Forty

ROSLYN'S POV:

I threw myself on the bed after thinking of every possibility to his words.

“Be ready by five. I've somewhere important to take you to. ”

This sentence seemed to play like a never ending loop in my head everytime I came up with a new plot for what it could be.

“Ugh! He'll kill me with these secrets and surprises. ”

Complaining, I rolled over to the other end where Rabbit Downey Jr. silently sniffed my hair. I can't wait to see him. It's just been an hour and I'm already imagining scenarios in my head. He'll have me crazy by evening.

I couldn't help but smile to myself, biting my lips as my own thoughts went corrupt with those heated memories.

*Knock Knock*

I sprung up on my bed, startled at the intervention.

“COME DOWN FOR LUNCH. ROZ!!! ROZ, ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING? ”

Liam announced at top of his lungs as I had to rush towards the door to shut him up.

“I'm up. Will you slow down a bit? ”

Frowning, I opened the door with Rabbit Downey Jr. following me. I heard footsteps of him running down stairs as soon as I opened it.

“Well.. It's time me go for breakfast. Isn't it? ” I grabbed RDJ off the floor and walked downstairs to find everyone already seated with fresh smell of soup and eggs, prominently sizzling in the air.

My eyes scanned through the room to fine Alonzo but I couldn't. Maybe he left. At least he could have had breakfast with us.

“He left already. ” Theo hinted, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

I quietly sat down at my place, sighing, letting Rabbit Downey Jr. play next to my chair. I could sense Liam's grin from the corner of my eye and that secret conversation all these men were having without me knowing, at least that's what they thought.

“I was starting to worry when Theo told me he couldn't find Nat and you in the club. Thank god you both made it back safe. ” Uncle broke that dense silence, giving me a look that demanded a heartfelt sorry for my reckless actions.

“Pearl, I know you're grown up and I need to start getting used to you making mistakes and learning.. But, anything that can hurt you will hurt me more. ” his eyes softened in a second as my face dropped in guilt.

“I'm so Sorry... ” I whispered, stuffing my mouth with bread in guilt.

“I know my Roslyn is wise enough to realize her mistakes. Don't feel sorry for it now. ” he tried to lighten the situation with a laugh.

“Seriously?? This is what you were going to do when you said you will ‘not let her get away this time’ ? That's all your textbook had? ” Theo complained, glaring over at me.

I'm guessing he's not pleased with what happened last night. I hope I remembered something to even say anything to this.

“She said she's sorry. What else do you want my Roz to do now? ” Uncle frowned at Theo's eye roll as we continued our breakfast.

“So... Ehm... What's going on between you and Alonzo now? "

Liam questioned, peeking a look through the corner of his eyes but I didn't bulge. I could feel everyone's ears all alert for the story, waiting for me to reveal what their ears demanded and then be a part of their teases.