His brow crinkles, "why not?"

Harry pulls the door open for Sirius to enter. "Availablity and money. You know Mrs. Weasley doesn't like being offered assistance with money. Charlie's in Romania dedicated to dragons. The others have families of their own, some can't afford what we have either."

The stony grey-eyed man frowns bowing his head. As they come to the front desk he spots a somewhat familiar face.

Harry walks up to the male. "Excuse me, Conrad Ecklie, correct?"

The man turns looking at Harry. His eyes flicker between him and his guest before stating, "yes. You're Harry, Rose's friend."

"Yes, I was hoping to see her." He looks back at Sirius who's fiddling with his thumbs watching the two. "There's an important family situation. Is it alright to see her?"

"They're working on a case at the moment. Hey, Jim!" Ecklie shouts gaining the attention of Jim Brass, the detective associated with the team. "Brass can lead you to her."

"Thank you, Mr. Ecklie."

The man nods and then walks away. Brass takes his spot. "Harry, these are one of your most famous visits to Lupin."

Sirius raises a brow hearing him call her by her last name. He watches the interaction between them. Though an annoyed voice disrupts his observation.

"Bloody hell, Brass, I work with annoying idiots." Sirius' interlaced fingers unclasp and fall to his side. His eyes widen at the tattooed woman. Her rose tattoo crawled down the length of her arm stretching to her back. Her hair is now in a loose side braid with baby hairs pulled out. She's all grown up.

Her rectangular face shape looks much like Remus. A scar on her chin never mentioned before looked like one of Remus' furry little problem scars. Her bright amber eyes. If it wasn't for her hair and nose she'd be a replica of her father. Sirius sees the similarities more so now that she's older.

1995...

They were huddled around the table at Number 12 Grimmauld Place. The meeting had just taken place regarding the importance of the war and the next steps being taken. At that point, all the younger children had gone off to bed. Though Aries and Rose had snuck their way back into the kitchen. They were thinking of pranks for the Weasley twins. Though their fun was cut short when their fathers cleared their throats.

Their expressions were priceless as they expressed as if they'd just been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. They blamed each other for being caught. Regardless, they were separated. Instead of the dutiful parent taking their child they took each other.

It was the first heart-to-heart Rose and Sirius had. Although like Aries she managed to keep in contact with Sirius discreetly. Even without Umbridge finding out.

He had pulled her further into the kitchen while Remus, who raised Aries since he was a young little child and was his godfather peered off into the house to talk.

Sirius had held her hand in his and she had laid her head on his shoulder. She was exhausted from all the traveling but she wouldn't tell him that.

"Let me tell you a story, young Rose," she had lived when he called her that. Somehow it made her feel special. "As children, your father and I used to sneak off to do the same as you did. Of course, I'd be the one to pull him into my charades but he did it nonetheless. Prior to it being us, the Marauders, doing the pranks it surprisingly was your mother and father. They were a tight duo."

She shifted her head on his shoulder wrapping her arms around his thick arms. "What were they like? Dad doesn't like to talk about her?"

"I can tell you a lot about your father but I think you wish to learn more about your mother." She tried and failed to say yes so she settled with a nod. "Your mother was a carefree child, Anna Evanescence was. She was a fearless teen. She was one point away from being the smartest in our year. She didn't hold the weight of the world on her shoulders even when it came to the war. From my recollection, your mother adored lilies and sunflowers. Something about them spoke to her. She prioritized her knowledge in Herbology. She loved many and all plants."

"Sirius, how do you know so much about my mother? Why am I not allowed to talk about it with my dad."

Sirius sighs, "your father has been in a lot of pain. He cherished his friends as at Hogwarts that's all he had. Don't take it personally, love, you just remind him much of her. Don't take that the wrong way, take it as a compliment if you will."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. As for how I know so much about her she was friends with Harry's mum. They were best friends. If you know anything about James Potter you know he chased after Lily. That being said he also got close to her friends. We all did. Your mum was your father's world. I believe he felt he lost everything after Voldemort got her killed when Marlene was killed in our home, and when Harry's parents fell to a dark curse, me going to Azkaban. I don't think he wanted any reminders. Although that was very idiotic of Moony."

She lifts her head looking at him, "how so?"

He smiles down at her. "You look like your mother when she was your age. You have her looks. That's no excuse to not tell you about your own mother."

She shrugs, "I never thought I needed a mother. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me much."

"Oh pup, everybody needs a mother even if it isn't by blood. You found that here with the Weasleys, with Molly."

"Maybe, I love you, Sirius."

"I love you, too, pup. Never forget that."

Las Vegas, Nevada...

His eyes gloss over as he takes in her appearance. She still has the key aspects of her mother, possibly even within her personality, but now everything speaks Remus John Lupin.

Her eyes meet Sirius and she takes a small step back.  Her breath rattles where her dog necklace lies on her neck. Sirius gave it to her as a give only months before he disappeared for her seventeenth birthday. It was a constant reminder of him which she loves.

Brass looks at her with concern, lightly grabbing her arm. "Rose, are you alright?"

She covers her mouth with her hand stifling a sob. A genuine smile spreads across her lips as she sniffles. "Sirius."