Wedding

Chasing after you in the rain,
Drenching wet bodies and looking at your perfect smile makes me feel everything's alright.
-Jeon Jungkook

Warning: The chapter contains some sensitive content like physical abuse.

His eyes were looking up but the sky which was covered with stars. Even in the darkness there were clouds passing by, maybe it was going to rain. He eyed the smoke getting released from the stick he was holding in his hand, how it goes in upwards direction to join them. Letting it on his lips, taking a breath in, tasting the nicotine on his tongue, he closed his eyes.
"Kook, what are you doing here?" He hastily turned around in fear to see who it was.

"Namjoon Hyung, you scared me." He said placing a hand on his heart.
"You should be, if it was Jin or Taehyung, you'd get in trouble." He said now standing next to him.
"Can't sleep?" Kook asked letting out another puff of smoke.
"No, the weddings jitters are getting up to me."
"What about Hyung?"

"Oh he's very relaxed, sleeping like a baby."
The other let out a little laugh hearing that.
"What about you?"
"Sleep doesn't come to me easily when there's a lot going on in my mind."
Namjoon and Jungkook met later after Jin introduced them but they shared a brother like bond too more like a mature one.

"Is it about the company?"
Kook turned his face to him, "You know about that?"
"Yeah, Jin worries for you, he asked me to keep an eye on you." He can see the others lines growing.
"Don't worry, he doesn't know anything about it."
"Hmm."
"Care to tell me what's going on? You already have two cases against you, is everything alright?"

"I don't know, it's complicated." He sighed throwing the finished stick into the ground, crushing it with his foot.
"I think you've to handle it quickly, cause the news is going to spread out once someone from the inside opens their mouth. I mean I already know it what makes you think others don't."
"I know but that's the whole plan."

Namjoon was confused, he raised his eyebrows in an questioning manner.
"It was all planned to find out the real culprit, someone from the company was leaking the data and I had to find them." The higher IQ guy understood the tactic the other used to catch the person, he thinks it's a smart idea.

"So did you find the guy?"
"Yes, it's Kim Daehyun, my most trusted and one of the oldest employee."
"Fuck, that's messed up. Do you have any idea why would he do that?"
"I think he's protecting someone."
"Let me guess, he won't tell."
Jungkook just nodded, his eyes were sad. He need to solve this case soon before Taehyung gets too much involved.

"Does Taehyung know?"
"He has no idea and I want to keep it like that."
"Makes sense, we all wanna protect the one we love." Namjoon left after stating, "But consider asking yourself if Taehyung needs that protection."

Taehyung can't know about the whole mess, he's making his career and don't need extra problems in life right now, so he decided to not tell the other for now till everything gets settled.

On his way back to their room, walking he thought about the conversation he had with Kim Deahyun in his office.
"Mr. Daehyun, I know you well, you love this company in fact you are one of the few people who remained constant from the starting and still working for the company. It speaks of how loyal you are."

The accused man just lowered his head instead of responding.
"You must have a reason to do such a thing, is it because you want something or is it for someone?" The fingers movement at the end of his statement didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook, he got his answer.
"Is it because of someone you love? Are you trying to protect someone?"

The man started crying in front of him, "I'm sorry Mr.Jeon, I can't say anything, I'm so sorry, you can fire me." So the matter is more serious than he thought and it includes someone else other than him.
"Fine, but I would like to share something with you."
The man looked up at him hearing that.

"When I was a kid, my father use to abuse my mother physically. I've seen him beating her a couple of times right in front of my eyes. Instead of stopping him I use to hide beneath the stairs and stay there until it gets over. He kept on doing that for a while and I like a coward never took any action. My mother being a strong woman finally decided it's enough and filed a complaint against him. When the policeman asked me if I saw it happen I denied it." Jungkook was struggling with his words now, his throat hurting as he was forming his next words.

"He was a good father to me and I loved him, that's why as a kid I didn't want to see him behind bars not caring about the suffering of my mother. Luckily my mother had enough proof to make him arrested, he served his time and eventually they got divorced. But till this date I regret it with my whole heart the moment I lied about it, it was all because I was trying to protect someone I love even though it was completely wrong."

Jungkook was in tears, he apologised to his mom for years which his mother forgave him but still it eats him up. He told this story to only Taehyung besides Mr.Daehyun. He believes it that can help the man open up about the truth and is still waiting for the others call. But it's true what they say, people are blind in love, they can die themselves to protect someone they love.
____________________________________

"Kook, Wake up." Taehyung said shaking the others figure.
"What time is it?" The sleepy head asked in his sleepy voice.
"It's an hour to the wedding. If you don't wake up right now, we are gonna be late."
"Alright, give me a kiss first."
"No can do, bad breath." He replied only leaving a peck on others cheeks.
"Let's go."

"This is so beautiful." They were at the venue of the wedding, it was in the garden of the hotel, the place was decorated with flowers and in whites.
"I think it's going to rain." Jungkook said eyeing the sky.
"Stop, don't jinx the wedding." Tae said hitting the others chest playfully.

Luckily, the wedding got over without any rainfall. It took place quietly, both Jin and Namjoon Hyung looked so handsome in white suits and people cooed at Namjoon Hyung's whose eyes were filled with tears when he saw his lover walking down the aisle.

"Namjoon Hyung is so whipped for Hyung."
"As he should be."
"Who cries at their wedding?" Kook said laughing a little about it.
"Are you telling me you won't cry at our wedding day?"
"No way I'm doing that, I can't say the same about you though."
"Mister, hear this, you'll be weeping when I walk the aisle in my flaunting way."
Jungkook just let out a yawn mocking the older.

Before Taehyung can speak the rain started falling, people started running towards the reception, any shed they can find and even after waiting for few minutes it was not getting slowed down. Finally decision was taken that the reception will be shifted inside and the arrangements were made.

Taehyung's gifted them photo frames that said 'I love his ass' and the other 'I love his dick'. Jin was so embarrassed and flushed when he showed it in front of all the guest while Namjoon just heartily laughed saying, 'Its true.'

The reception got over successfully and Jungkook pulled Taehyung outside holding his hand getting them both wet in the rain. They loved playing in the rain together, their laugh filling the air as they chased each other. Finally Taehyung catched Jungkook in his hold, "I'm glad that you jinxed it" showing his teeth with signature boxy smile.