9

The next bus scheduled is the last one near their street that would take her on time for the train's departure. Carmelita hurriedly took her bag, locking the door behind before running down the street. She took out her phone to look at the time. She must walk three minutes to reach the bus stop, on time for the up-coming one in five minutes time.

She curses underneath her breath. She ran down the garage path, and into the sidewalk. Her bag feels heavier as it kept jumping up and down on her back as she ran. Cold sweats start running down the side of her face, and she's only been running for a solid minute. She took her phone and checked the time. She watches as another minute pass on the time.

She stops on her track halfway the street. Checking the opposite ends of the street for any cars approaching, she inflates her lungs with as much air she could turning her throat dry and sore. 

Carmelita woke up on the time she usually wakes up in the mornings for university, but today is a lot of a new day to start with.

She ignored the constant vibration on her pocket from her phone that are caused by notifications that she knows are from Sujira. Since she often walks down to the train station, and the same reason applied why she doesn't memorise the timetable of public transport. Carmelita's routine going to the university has always been the same with taking the schedules train that would get her time to prepare for classes.

Another sharp pain strikes her head as she walks further down the street. The roundabout fades on the distance just like the time and a cold wind brush upon her making her whole body shiver. She reached the end of their street and found the road clear. Crossing the road right at the end of the street saves more time than finding the nearest lane for pedestrian, but as she was about to cross, a car is driving slowly from her left to her direction. The headache turned to frustration.

"Is she going to cross?" Peter's expression turned into a frown as he realised the woman standing under the street sign. It's none other than Carmelita. The reason why he's back in Australia.

"She was going to cross the road, your highness" His assistant spoke.

Peter could recognise Carmelita even from afar. The beauty that the young woman has starts becoming clear in his very eyes as they drove slowly into the street.

"Let's take a turn"

The van drove further into their street. Carmelita watches it enter their street with an unsettled feeling ion her stomach. That vehicle seems to be familiar, and rare. And she feels like someone inside that van is close to her heart.

Minutes later and the van came back after it had circled the roundabout. This time, Carmelita could feel it coming towards her way. The van drove a little slower than before as it approaches the street's exit, then it came to a stop. She doesn't know why she could not get herself to look away from it. Her heels remained in that direction, ignoring the weight on her back as she remained standing on the same spot.

The atmosphere starts turning cold as seconds passes. A door slammed right after she turn around which sent her the chills all around her body.

A guy wearing a full set of black outfits around their early adulthood is standing right before her that was none other than Peter. He breathes to the cold air and exhaling right after makes thick portions of smokes in the air. Bits of his hair are hanging down his forehead. And even though his eyes are slightly covered with it, the sun's light still falls on his face, highlighting his every beautiful details. 

It was one of those moments again where Carmelita feels stuck on the hands of the clock. Starring at him deeply and making her wish that she could admire him this close every time. Then she realises that the very miracle she's been waiting for is right now, when she's back again in his arms.