6

Almost a week had passed and everything in Carmelita's life has never been the same. She has been in contact with Peter ever since and every time a notification pops up after the other gives her the chills from anxiety. Somehow, it does not feel right, but there's nothing it could be proved wrong. She doesn't like this feeling all about Peter. Every second of conversation with him feels like taking risks at any aspects of the royalty. And every bit that he promised it would be fine with him and a part of him extending friendships with other people is normal, something about it keeps her at nights after university. His presence is missing, and his absence is present, and somehow, it doesn't make sense why she's longing.

The train kept on pulling them backwards. Sitting across them are two strangers. The train came to a stop and Sujira stood up after a heavy sigh that left Carmelita dumbfounded still on their seat. Her eyes followed her as she stood next by the automatic doors, signalling her to come out the door as she would.

"We're still at the city" Carmelita said while looking at one of the buildings. She saw people having lunch at the bottom of some establishments, out by the sun whilst having nice food beside the passing vehicles in the area. Her eyes came back, looking at Sujira with so much confusion, her friend soon spoke.

"Want to grab a blockbuster and a book? Tomorrow is weekend so..." Sujira shoved her arms underneath the straps of her tiny bag. She grabs her water bottle on the side, getting herself ready for the hot temperature outside.

"You said it" She doesn't have any plans of buying a new book any time soon as it disrupts her sleeping schedules at night at most, but she's not the type of person who would say no to free movies and books. They got off the cabin just before the doors came back shut. Then the train starts to move forward out the city. As soon as the tracks were clear, Carmelita's eyes went around the other side of the docks, remembering the usual entrance where they take in the establishment.

"Do you still remember it, Carmelita? It's been a long while"

She found her friend looking at the same distance as her. She shook her head and chuckled as they both haven't even yet got out of the platform "Tssk...let's just get to the bridge, quick, I don't have sunblock on" Sujira sneaks her arm around Carmelita, then they crossed the underground tunnel of the station together.

Carmelita quickly reaches for her phone. The other don't pay so much attention to her but the surrounding at most. Keeping a good look out at this many people.

They started crossing the bridge. They found themselves in-between the buildings of the city as they cross the river. The wind came in contrast to the direction they are walking, and as soon as their eyes met the usual entrance, they rushed to that direction.

The cold air entered their bodies, but they feel so much better with the temperature in here. In search of the bookstore, they found the glass that displays a bookshelf. They no longer have their arms wrapped around each other as they started to walk again. Carmelita felt her body become steady as her feet came to stop.

"Halt!" She felt her body calming down with Sujira's voice. She turns to her in confusion. Little-by-little, Carmelita had start to become a lot more sensitive at things and what anyone does. Part of growing up comes with being sensitive, and right at this moment, that what she senses "Movie or book, choose which one comes first"

"Book, we're already here first so don't make me change my mind over this..." Deep within, she got worried that something might be wrong or concerning Sujira, but irritation flls her now.

The popular fictions are displayed right by the glass, and all the ones on sale for school requirements are by the door. They went straight at the back of the store.