5

Carmelita came back to the university like nothing happened over the course of weekend. She called to Sujira during Sunday, and she spent half of that day with the prince by the bay. There were not many people by that bay. It was cold, and windy by the bathing boxes and half of its people had aborted the shore before the rain even came that day. Turning back from the beach was never a choice they considered to take. The time is only minimal for the prince's trip, and two cars with security also came to assist them throughout the time they spent going elsewhere.

Carmelita ordered the food and went to an empty bench. Sujira follow her behind, dropping her bag next to her. As they sat down, few of Sujira's books fell from the bag including the diary that contains all her schedules for the next two weeks or so. The cafeteria fills up with more people and no one even bother to pick up what they dropped on the ground. Carmelita was about to grab those when a person next to her did. He stands so tall that blocks the sunlight in the cafeteria windows. It was a lot weird for them when they both saw the person wipe the top pink leather of the diary. He handed it to Carmelita without knowing that it is all her friend's and not hers.

"We really need to keep our schedules together, ey?" The stranger spoke

"Thank you" Carmelita said, enough for the three of them to hear. Their table was never left with silence as the chatter grew everywhere they turn. The the room starts smelling like the foods behind the counter, and the place starts becoming warm.

"Enjoying meds so far?" The question was not so much unexpected. The person took the lecture book that fell too, tucking the periodic table in between the book's contents and cover.

"We survived the first year" Sujira answer straight away. Somehow keeping an alerted look as Carmelita handed her back her stuff. This time, the person gave the book to Sujira. Sujira grabbed Carmelita's right wrist, pulling her closer to the bench with their bags in-between them.

"Thank you again" Carmelita can't help but give a smile without reassurance. It felt rude to her that she did that.

"Enjoy your lunch" The guy waved his hand and left the table to the counter.

Carmelita shook off her thoughts and continue eating the food while doing tasks. The people, and the noises kept multiplying in each second that pass. The smell starts coming strong on their direction. Their table is right at the middle, and every second that pass starts to suffocate her with the growing crowd.

"Carmelita, have you seen that guy around before?" Sujira came back to her tray. Setting everything on the table while opening her textbook at the same time. Carmelita shook her head as a 'no'

"How would I know? This university has lots of courses, Sujira. You'll get lost with so many people" She pointed. They got an hour left for the next class.

"I mean, you got the point, sure, but he looks younger" Sujira turned again to the stranger

"Don't be judgemental" She halted her friend from her thoughts

"What I said answered his question previously, right?" Sujira sounded like she demands an answer from Carmelita right away. She pressed the straw on the box of juice and started sipping from it.

"We would have made a different decision if then and we'll be back to the very start" Carmelita finishes the last question. She closes everything, the books and her pencil case and her laptop without closing any tabs.

"I also don't think I'll be here in Melbourne if I didn't like medicine after a year" Sujira made a point. It was hard for her to let go of the people in her previous university, but she had planned it all along before she even got to senior high school. And everything changed, far than as good as being back at secondary school when she reunited with Carmelita "Damn, Carmelita, he's actually kinda cute, and he suits you"