-eight: goody addams

long chapter so comment cause this is....something:

"you want me to go to the old pilgrim meeting house because of some vision you saw?" anastasia said.

"yes." wednesday said. "it's probably abandoned. i'm not chicken, but that's scary." anastasia.

"you are coming with me anastasia. as much as i don't want to admit it, your powers are very useful." wednesday said.

anastasia smiled, nobody's ever told her that. "thanks. but i don't have blood, so it's not useful."

"i know you carry a sealed jar of pigs blood in your bag." wednesday said. "shoot." anastasia said, and the two walked into the weathervane coffee shop.

"i thought you were supposed to be at pilgrim world." xavier said as the two walked to the counter.

"we deserted it while our sanity was still intact." anastasia said shrugging. "oh yeah? you  guys want a coffee? it's one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment." xavier said winking.

"we're actually here for tyler. normie tyler galpin." anastasia said. "i told you he was bad news." xavier said.

"twice. But who we speak to is our business." wednesday said, and then rang the bell as xavier scoffed and walked away.

"someone's moody." anastasia said crossing her arms. "you rang?" tyler said coming from the back.

"want the usual?" tyler said. "and some help." wednesday said and went into her bag and took out a map.

"who's this?" tyler asked looking at the girl next to wednesday.

"anastasia kent. though i'm not shocked you don't know that, lowlife normie." anastasia said fake gaging.

"you know the original pilgrim meeting house, the one from the 1600s? you know if it's still around?" wednesday said laying the map out.

"what's left is out in cobham woods, but it's pretty much a ruin." tyler said. "show me." wednesday said.

tyler put his finger on a green part of the map, "uh..here, but, look, it's kind of sketchy. squatters and meth heads use that place as a crash pad. my dad has it cleared out every couple weeks."

"please we don't care about your father." anastasia said. i think she really likes tyler.

"what's this about?" tyler asked. "nothing." anastasia said. "you're becoming obsessed with this monster in the woods thing. and now dragging this girl...anastasia into it." tyler said.

"she probably wasn't even there when it happened." "what the heck, you don't even know that." anastasia said.

"would you rather i develop an obsession with horses and boy bands? wednesday said ignoring anastasia and tyler's small argument.

"thank you for the help." anastasia said and closed the map.

"hey, listen, the ruins are kind of tricky to find. i could take you guys this afternoon. my shift ends at 2:00." tyler said.

"principal weems would hang, draw and quarter us if we miss the big statue dedication." anastasia said.

"and as enticing as that sounds, i'd prefer to keep a low profile. besides, i know my way around the great outdoors." wednesday spoke.

"don't tell me you were a girl scout." tyler chuckled. "i could eat girl scouts for breakfast. i have an uncle who went to prison for that." wednesday said and tyler and anastasia both looked at her weirdly

-

the girls had made it to the ruins, and they were quite literally ruins.

wednesday took her bag off and placed it on the ground, to which thing crawled out.