-six: poe cup

y'all better start commenting :(

anastasia was guess what, scrolling on her phone.

wednesday had taken it the previous day to do some snooping in xavier and rowan's room, to look for some book.

she said she needed it to take photos in case she found anything else.

anastasia decided to be nosy and go into her photos.

there was only one picture that was added to her camera roll. it was...her?

but it was her as a drawing. "he drew you." someone said.

anastasia put her phone down and jumped when she saw wednesday. "this was in his sketchbook?"

"yes. he's obsessed with you." wednesday said. "well, maybe i'm a good idea starter." anastasia said.

wednesday ignored her and left the room, probably to go somewhere with that normie, whatever his name was.

-

it was later in the night now, and enid was bawling her eyes out on her bed.

anastasia had walked in, after talking with ajax. which kind of ended in her saying they aren't friends until after the poe cup because she's gonna beat him.

"where have you been? i'm literally having a heart attack right now." enid saiid, her face red.

wednesday walked in from the window and enid turned to her. "yoko's in the infirmary!" enid shouted.

"what happened?" anastasia asked. "garlic bread incident at dinner. she had a major allergic reaction. she's out of the poe cup."

"which means we're down a rower." anastasia said huffing. she hated loosing.

"it wasn't an accident. bianca's behind it." wednesday spoke. "how do you know?" enid said.

"doesn't matter. we are all going to take her down tomorrow." "wait. you're joining the black cats? you're willing to do that? for me? for us?" enid said.

"i want to humiliate bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat wednesday said. "yeah, but mostly you're doing it because we're friends, right?"

"enid..listen to me when i say this. just give it up." anastasia said. "tell me how she keeps winning." wednesday said.

"it's a real brain cramp. the past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking." anastasia said. "sounds like sabotage."

"here are no rules in the poe cup, and she is a siren, which makes her master of the water." enid said. "then we just need to beat her at her own game." wednesday said.

-

the next day was the poe cup. and anastasia was so exited. she tied her hair into a ponytail, leaving to strands in the front.

"we're all set." enid said. "good. thing's in position." wednesday said. "wanna tell us what you two were up to?" anastasia said.

"and spoil the surprise?" "speaking of surprises, your costume's in the tent." enid said excited. "costume?"

"omg, you look purr-fect! only thing, where are your whiskers?" enid said. "ask again, and you'll be down to eight lives." wednesday said.

they were not in the boat, and were entirely ready to win. ajax and enid made eye contact, and enid waved.

anastasia knew something, a lot actually. she knew ajax liked enid and enid liked ajax. but she wasn't going to force them, she had to let it work. but it was killing her, because ajax thinks he has to be distant cause he's a gorgon.