-two: annie

it was the next day, and enid and anastasia were currently going against each other in fencing. anastation knocked enid down and took off her cover. "point, annie." she smiled.

as she said that wednesday walked in, dressed in an all black fencing uniform. "they really got her custom everything didn't they." enid said holding her fencing hat. (idk what its called)

she walked through the fencing pads, and stopped to where bianca and rowan were fencing. the queen of the outcasts, and the king of the outcasts of the outcasts.

"coach, she-she tripped me." rowan said taking off his hat. "it was a clean strike, rowan." the coach said. "maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck." bianca said. "seriously coah, when am i gonna get some real competition. anyone else want to challenge me?" bianca said.

"i do." wednesday said. "oh, you must be the phycopath they let in." bianca said. "and you must be the self-appointed queen bee. interesting thing about bee, pull out their stingers, they drop dead." wednesday said and people started ooing.

"rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. he's not helpless, he's lazy." bianca said. "are we doing this or not." wednesday said. and then the two walked across from each other.

"well this ought to be interesting." anastasia whispered. "en garde." the coach said and the two started to battle.

wednesday was really good, and even got the first point. for apparently living in her hosue all her life, besides normie school. she was pretty good at fencing.

"that first point was clearly beginner's luck. let's finish this." bianca said as she and wednesday took off their masks. "for the final point, i would like to invoke a military challenge." wednesday said.

everyone gasped. nobody ever does a military challenge. "no masks, no tips. winner draws first blood." wednesday finished.

"you dont think she's actually serious." ajax said walking up to his friend and enid. "wednesday is an addams, when she says something, hell she means it." anastasia said.

"it's your decision, bianca." the coach said. bianca tilted her head and wednesday raised her eyebrows. "let's see if you bleed in black and white." bianca said tossing her mask.

wednesday immediately went at her, they were even on the fencing mats anymore. the battle was insane, you couldn't even tell who was going to win.

wednesday did a whole ariel over biana's fencing sword. "what the heck." enid said. and then the tip of bianca's sword slashed against wednesday's forward, stating her loss.

"your face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed." bianca said holding her sword at wednesday, and chuckling.

-

anastasia came to visit wednesday in the infirmary, where she was just getting cleaned up. "don't feel down, bianca's ego is through the roof. she just need another battle to make it reach outer space." anastasia said walking to wednesday, passing rowan.

"i don't need your sympathy." wednesday said. "sorry, i just. nevermind." anastasia said as wednesday got patched up.

wednesday walked out the infirmary, anastasia following behind and wednesday grabbed an umbrella.

"you wanna walk with me?" anastasia offered. "no, i'm going the other way." wednesday turned, as anastasia was going to walk across the quad.

anastasia wanted to get close with wednesday, mostly because she felt like she knew her from somewhere. where had anastasia seen her?

she sighed, taking her umbrella and opening it, before walking across the quad. she looked up and the sound of stone moving, and saw the stone gargoyle falling right above her.

"annie!" a boy yelled before tackling her to the ground and anastasia went out cold.

-

anastasia layed with ehr arms crossed in a x across her chest, she opened her eyes slowly to reveal a guy staring at her. she widened her eyes, was he watching her?

"welcome back." the boy said. oh snap, that wasn't just a boy, that was xavier thorpe. anastasia sat up swiftly, and the boy sat in a chair next to her bed.

"take it easy. nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump, huh?" xavier said.

anastasia put her hand under one of her cutain bangs and felt her forehead, "yup, right in the corner." she said.

"do you always...lay like that?" xavier asked. "like what?" anastasia said. xavier crossed his arms over his chest and anastasia looked down and laughed.

"sometimes, i grew up seeing family sleep like that. sometimes it happens, but i don't even realize it." she said.

"wait so, i remember i was walking out of the infirmary, and i parted ways with wednesday, then i saw the gargoyle falling and about to pancake me, then i thought. at least i'll have an imagintive death. but now that i'm thinking about it, i can't die. aren't i a vampire?"

"well, don't you only have vampire blood in you. but not actually a vampire. so you never know." xavier shrugged. "you're right." anastasia said.

"then, you tackled me to the ground, and knocked me out cold. why exactly?" anastasia said, throwing her feet over the side of the bed so she faced him.

xavier clicked his tongue and shurgged. "call it instinct." he said. "so you were guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriachy to extract my undying gratitude?" anastasia said smirking.

"mhm, you know most people say thank you." xavier said. "i didn't really want to be rescued." "so i should have just let that thing, as you say, pancake you?" xavier said.

"i could've saved myself you know, i am very independent." anastasia said with a bit of attitude laced in her words. "good to see you haven't changed."

anastasia stared at him in confusion, this is the first time they've ever interacted. "if it makes you feel any better, let's say i returned the favor." xavier said.

"xavier thorpe? you probably don't remember me. last time we met, i was about 2 feet shorter, 40 pounds heavier." xavier said. "what happened?" anastasia said.

"puberty i guess." he replied. "no, i mean what happened the last time we met." anastasia said.

"oh, uh. yeah it..it was my godmother's funeral. apparently she was friends with your grandmother, and wednesday's and they all spent their twenties in Europe swindling the rich and notorious."

"i don't know. but we were ten, and we were bored. decided to play hide and seek. and i had the inspired idea to hide in her casket. i got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium."

anastasia's eyes lit up. that's where she knew wednesday from. her grandmother's friend's funeral. and boy, was she glad xavier told her that story. that was a fun day.

"i'd heard muffled screams. i just figured your godmother had somehow cheated death and was trying to claw her way out." anastasia said smiling.

"either way you hit the big red stop button and saved me from being flame-broiled. so.." xavier said putting his hands out in a there you go guesture. "now we're even." he said.

"and, you called me annie. i need an explanation. only one person calls me that, occasionally two."

"yeah i know, ajax your best friend. i've heard him call you it a few times when we were together and then he would call you and wave to you. and when you guys are on the phone and i'm over at his dorm."

"if i'm being honest, i thought it was your real name, until i heard enid call you anastasia once. and in the heat of the moment, annie was the first thing that came to mind."

"well, other than ajax and something enid nobody is allowed to call me that. but, since we are in a way childhood friends, i'll let you. but don't tell ajax, he wants it to he his little thing, and i don't want to break his tiny heart." anastasia said.

xavier smiled and laughed at the girls comment, boy was she funny to him. "well, i should go to my dorm. also, i like your dimples. they're cute." anastasia said getting off the bed and waking out, leaving xavier there astonished and the girl.