43: Ethereal Finale

Start from the beginning

But it won't be the case for long. As the planes started to group together in a "V" formation and a flaming avatar resembling of a bird started to form around the planes.

Every girl in the vicinity stopped in awe as the Phoenix plane formation is racing towards it's target.

=================

The railing fired straight for New Jersey... Until the Phoenix plane formation caught the beam mid-travel far enough to not damage the shores.

But close enough for the blast radius to send New Jersey and co. flying.

=================

"Whoever did that, you're a hero..."

clink.

"But if that's what it's gonna take to stop a railgun shot, the island's good as done." The Commander exhales as he took another Siren life.

'This was a perfect trump card for the Sirens that I didn't plan for... But no time for praise, everyone's in danger if this Dreadnought stays for longer.'

'Come on, Caster. Think!'

He reached for his walkie-talkie.

"Girls, commence the full evacuation effort. Get the destroyers to disperse to the other naval bases. Cruisers and Heavy Cruisers, occupy the role of convoys for these little ones. They need to be protected."

"Commander, you're okay! What shall we do against the Dreadnought?!" said Hood.

"I demand a massive distraction on the north-east to open a gap for all the submarines to pass by undetected to the other side to find a weak spot on that thing."

"URs, distract Observer for me, please? Thank you..." He politely said to the URs... Feeling intimidated as it's his first time barking them orders.

As he finished all of his commands, massive fireworks started happening on the north-eastern side of the sea, catching the attention massive swaths of Sirens towards the action, and the girls ready for head-to-head combat once again.

The URs on the other hand tore through every Siren that was put between them, and the Observer in a mad dash, while the latter is just standing there idle...

And in a blink, Observer was right in front of Saint Louis' spear, with her tentacle going toe-to-toe with the weapon's durability.

"Don't you start thinking that your lousy plans are gonna get you somewhere." Observer taunted as her other remaining tentacles shot lasers that intercepted the shells that the other URs are spitting out.

The Siren's eyes glowed and with a gust of wind, she pushed back everything around her. She looked behind and had all her lasers shoot at the water.

"The submarines!" Neptune exclaimed.

"You foul beast!" Saint Louis leaped and clashed weapons with Observer once again.

But there was no explosion in the water, the submarines had correctly guessed that Observer had already tapped into their communications and listening in. And they managed to get away by the skin of their teeth by going deeper into the ocean where her x-ray vision couldn't reach.

As they pass this information on to the rest of the fleet, the Dreadnought had a force field appear on it's front end. It wasn't covering the whole behemoth, but it gave vital protections to it's main assets, the railguns, upon which are now so much harder to take down.

But the time taken by all of 3 plans happening, gave enough room for Caster to finally come out of the bushes and revealed himself to his subordinates after lots of begging from everyone.