Chapter 5: Murder

Start from the beginning

Lily wanted to get out of there, Matt's face was so stone like, no emotions crossed his lips. She knew the man's threats were meaningless. He sighed and started to pull something from a slot in his desk.

"Take out anything wrong, and I will blow your brains out."

Matt warned him. The man slammed a huge wad of cash on his desk but held it gently under his fingerprints.

"Only for the girl."

He said so quietly she could barely register the words, she realized her hood was bent so her face slightly shown, shown too much. Things happened so fast after that. People came from behind them, and she heard gun shots. Her head hurt because something had banged against it very hard. She felt something warm trickling down the side of her cheek; she put her hand against it in a daze. She heard someone scream out her name and she noticed that it was almost exact to the person who said she was pretty. She wanted to look around, call back but lights kept flashing in front of her eyes. She felt so dizzy that she screamed slightly. She tried to yell help as someone put something over her head, she wanted to scream help when she felt her wrist grabbed roughly and began being dragged. Her voice came out as a croak, and without warning everything went black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She lay with her eyes closed; afraid of what she would see when she opened them. She knew this wouldn't be like her first black out, She knew that this was not going to be a good place. Silence surrounded her, holding her in its grasp, its cold, dark, grasp. Just do it! She thought to herself and flung her eyes opened. She let out a shriek. People lay everywhere, against the ground. Some completely naked with their skin blue and eyes glazed over. A chain wrapped around her waist pinned her to a wall. Moans and soft howls came from the people, she noticed they were all woman. She started to wrestle with the chains, its loops digging into her skin. Some woman looked at her with sad gazes. One got up with much more strength then she looked and came over. A chain attached to her ankle trailing behind her.

"Poor girl, what is your name?"

She asked, her voice sounded horse.

"Lily and what is yours?

She asked trying to sound polite.

"Melina, but call me Mel."

Lily almost burst out in tears. Her sister's nickname was Mel. The woman had a loose fitting dirty dress that had a shoulder torn. Her hair lay caked with dirt on the side that was ripped, she noticed that the rip went below her stomach but her hair covered anything that was revealed. She asked a series of questions

"I want to know where I am!"

"I don't know."

"Can you tell me what you are all doing here?"

"We are here, for the Stalker, he takes random girls somewhere, and some never come back."

"Have you seen three boys?"

"No, but sometimes men walk in here to look at us."

"What can I do?"

"Nothing."

Mel said and walked back into the corner where her chain was pinned on the wall. She was afraid, the woman's words kept repeating in her head. Nothing, there was nothing that she can do. But there has to be! She almost yelled and stomped her feet in anger. She wasn't going to give up, not when she had a sister at home. She breathed in and out trying hard in the chains. She saw her cloak had been ripped away but her clothes lay sweaty against her skin. One of the woman groaned clutching her stomach. A young woman wasn't breathing on the side of the wall, her eyes were wide open and her skin had a greenish tint. She was dead.