Just a girl and her rabbit against the world

Start from the beginning

"It's my year this year, I can feel it-"

"Can you now?" a new voice said, low and slightly grumpy as per usual.

All heads snapped at the doorway where the last member of their little group stood, one hand leaning  on the doorway as he raised his eyebrow at James.

Remus Lupin, standing their in all his glory with his
cable knit patterned sweater and slightly messy brown hair.

"DADDY'S HOME," Sirius bellowed, jumping out of his seat like the excited dog he was.

The shorter black haired boy tackled Remus in a hug, who was pretending to be annoyed by it, but they could all see the smile threatening to pull across his face.

"Sirius must you?" Remus groaned, awkwardly patting the boy on the head.

"Yes I must moony. You don't know what it's like to be void of da-"

He never got to finish that sentence because James smacked the back of the boys head, successfully getting him to shut up.  It was clear the Remus was exhausted, the full moon being a couple days ago.

There was heavy eye bags under his eyes, and he looked about two seconds away from collapsing. After giving a much lighter hug to James, who didn't tackle the boy, Remus sat down next to Aveline, his whole body dropping in exhaustion.

"Hey Aveline," he said softly, reaching over and pulling her into a side hug, his usual smell of soft mint and a hint of that smell only boys had filling her nose.

Everything Remus did was so casual it was infuriating. Like he just casually had that effortless cool aura about him that was hard not to be charmed by. Even as he let out a tired breath, slumping against his seat and running a tired hand through his hair, he still somehow looked cool.

Remus Lupin was the only person Aveline knew who could could eye bags look cool.

The rest of the train ride was composed of the marauders being quiet for once. Truthfully the only thing that could get James Potter and Sirius Black to shut up was a Remus Lupin who clearly needed sleep.

So, the conversation was kept very quiet between the four non werewolves, until ever so softly Remus's eyes fluttered close. The soft sound of his breathing feeling the compartment.

"Should I stick a piece of liquorice in his hair James?" Sirius asked, as he himself was working his way through a package of the sweet treat.

"No Sirius let him sleep," James responded, and Aveline was suddenly transported ten years into the future when James Potter would be a dad. He would be the dad of the year, she decided.

A knock on the compartment caused them all to jump a bit, though regardless of how loud it was Remus didn't move a muscle. His head now slightly slumped against Aveline's shoulder despite the fact he was neck was craned at an awkward angle to do so.

It just happened to be Lily Evan's, who poked her head in the comparement already looking annoyed. She was mentally preparing herself from one of James horrible comments, but instead she was met by silence, as all four sets of awake eyes stared at her.

"Er hi," she said awkwardly not used to being the first one to have to talk around James Potter.

"Good summer Evans?" James asked normally, not a hint of anything else present in his tone.