1 : Crushes

The crowd was extremely wild when the players of the Brazilian national team elevated the cup and celebrated their victory against Argentina during the worldcup final.

I observed the players from a distance and I couldn't stop smiling.

There, you made it Lucas. You finally did.

They all deserved this victory especially after their defeat during the Copa America last year. A tearful Neymar hugged his sister Rafaella very tight. I'm glad he achieved his ballon d'or this year and a worldcup trophy. My eyes then went to Thiago Silva and Dani Alves, this was their last worldcup and they made it. Now was time for me to prepare the interviews.

I felt a little bit bad for Messi and Di Maria, but those Argentinians showed nothing that would make the rest of the world appreciate them. As usual, football turns into a race competition and yeah... Argentina isn't so great with this. I said what I said.

My name is Alexis Duchess. I'm a native congolese girl born and raised in England. Being a fresh out of college communication manager, I became the manager of a famous football player. As unbelievable as it sounds, follow me on this journey till the very end.

TWO YEARS AGO

Monday morning
September 20th
20**

This planet is definitely overpopulated . Yup, I can tell just by looking at the endless crowd here in the capital of England. I just got off the metro and gosh what a relief. It was a nightmare and I feel like it gets worse everyday. Seeing this many people move makes me dizzy.

As I accepted to deal with this not so pleasant situation for the rest of my life, I received a call from my mother. I lifted my phone and was very hesitant to pick up.

'Should I or not?' I hesitated. 'I mean... It's nine o'clock in the morning. She knows I'm heading to work! But... If I don't answer, I'd have to call her back after work. She'll speak more as I'd have nothing else to do.'

With a heavy sigh, I answered the phone. Like always, there was too much noise in the background.

"Mummy, can you please put down the volume of your théâtre?"

*** Théâtre means theatre in French, but in this case we're talking about Congolese "films" and "series".

"Oh, sorry. Wait."

"Mum, you do know I have to work in a few minutes right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't be so hasty! Especially not with your moda! How many modas do you have, hm? What if I, God forbid, die today?"

I looked to the sky and shook my head. What a drama queen!

"Anyway, daughter! You're still on for tonight, right?"

"Yes?" Knowing my mother and this silly question, I am for 100% sure that she is preparing something and she won't tell me until I'm there.

"Okay. Thanks baby girl, see you this evening!"

By that, both my mother and I hung up. Just what is that woman preparing? I'm going to have dinner at her house and spend the night there. Let's see how it goes. *cries to herself*