Volume 1: The Rose Twins

Female Voice: Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past. Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful. But he was born in an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness, creatures of destruction. The creatures of Grimm set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void.

However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named "Dust". Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness and in the shadow's absents, came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life.

But even the most brilliant lights flicker and die. And when they are gone....darkness will return. So you many prepare your guardians, build you monuments to a so-called free world, but take heed, there victory in strength. 

Male Voice: But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul.

In a small shop named "Dust Till Dawn" a group of thugs can be seen standing in front of a scared and worried old man. The man who appears to be the leader of the group take is cigar out an talks to the old man.

Crime Boss: Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a dust shop open this late?

Shop Owner: Please! Just take my lien and leave!

Crime Boss: Shhh, calm down, we're not here for you money. Grab the dust.

Listen to their boss, the henchman grab a vile of their own and begin to fill it up with different colored dust. One of the henchman then go up to the old shop owner with a crate.

Henchman: Crystals. Burn. Uncut.

As one of the henchman go to fill their vile with dust, he spots a girl in a red cloak in the corner near the magazines.

Henchman: Alright kid, put your hands where I can see 'em! Hey I said hands in the air! You got a death wish or something?

He then walks up to the girl and puts her hood down, making her turn to him. The henchman then points to his ear, signaling the girl to take her headphones off.

Girl: Yes?

Henchman: I said, put your hands in the air, now!

Girl: Are you robbing me?

Henchman: Yes!

Girl: Oh.

Henchman: Hey!

Girl: Hyah!

The girl then kicks the henchman so hard that he goes flying all the way to the front of the dust shop. The crime the signals one of the other henchman to go check it out and he does.

Henchman: Freeze!

Showing the outside, the girl and the henchman both come flying out of the dust shop with the other looking on to what is happening. As the girl raises to her feet, the object the was on her waist was now in her hands and transforms into a large scythe. As she flips it around, she slams it onto the ground while also managing to grab her headphones and turning them off.

Crime Boss: Okayyy....Get her!

As the henchmen run at her, she quickly places her headphones on her back so the won't get damaged. As the first henchman swings at her, she volts over her weapon, spins around, and kicks the henchman in the face knocking him backwards. She then jumps to the side and lands while holding her scythe behind her. As one of the other henchman run at her, she press the trigger on her weapon, making her spin, and knocks the henchman in the air.