Ch 24 : Ghost Village (5)

Start from the beginning

The old woman slightly narrowed her eyes, doubts were written all over her face," Who is it for?"

With a straight face, Liu Xun confidently said," For me."

Everyone,"......"

Ignoring everyone's bewildered expression, Liu Xun proceeded to look around as if he was indeed coming to shop.

With his hands behind his back, Liu Xun nonchalantly commented," You see, even though I am called a disciple from the Heavenly Sect but in fact, I couldn't cultivate so my lifespan is the same as a mortal."

Liu Xun curiously knocked on the cold and hard surface of the coffin as he continued in a carefree tone," Since I don't know when I will die so I should at least prepare one for myself, don’t you agree?"

The old woman, of course, did not believe his words but she just happened to glance at the other two who came with him. They both silently stared at him with mixed emotions, especially the youngest one who appeared to be greatly affected by his nonchalant words.

She may be old but her eyes were still clear so Liu Xun's words might be fake but the boy's expression was indeed not false.

After thinking for another while, the old woman lightly sighed as she looked at Su Ze and said," You look after the store for me and the other two followed me to the back."

Su Ze did not want to leave both Wan Yu and Liu Xun who couldn't cultivate alone with an unknown old woman but Liu Xun stopped him in time," I will have a talk with Madame together with Ah Yu, Su Shixiong, you stay."

Leaving these words behind, Liu Xun walked to Wan Yu who for some reason stood still in a daze, he softly spoke," Let's go."

Wan Yu snapped back to his senses upon feeling the warmth on his left wrist as Liu Xun led him along while holding his hand.

He knew that the other person did not think much of the words he had just said so he shouldn’t take them seriously either…

However, to Wan Yu's ears, it sounded like a reminder that this person might no longer be there shortly.

Wan Yu did secretly check Xiao Xu’s condition but to his dismay, he could not think of a way to treat him. He tried to adjust the formula of the pill given to the other party but other than strengthening his body and meridians, no matter what the blockages were not cleared.

Wan Yu even brought up this matter with his Master behind Xiao Xu’s back but the only possible solution was to use Hua Fire which could not guarantee success and even put his life in danger.

Not willing to take the risk, Wan Yu did not mention this matter to Xiao Xu as he was still trying to look for another way.

However, deep down Wan Yu was afraid that he could not find any solution which resulted in Xiao Xu remaining a mortal forever.

If so, even if the other party agreed to stay by his side for his whole life, it would only be for a short time in comparison to his long life as a cultivator.

Xiao Xu may have been with him for less than a century but he, Wan Yu still needed to spend thousands of years or even more without him…

At the thought of this, Wan Yu unconsciously bit his lower lips to suppress the uneasiness in his heart.

What to do, what to do… What to do to not lose him?

Meanwhile, at the same time, Liu Xun was clueless as to what transpired behind his back. Although the old woman was a mortal, he still had his guard up and prepared for any upcoming attack.