CHAPTER 28 - ESCAPED

CHAPTER 28

Escaped

SKYE POV

I peered out from behind the tree. Seeing no one there, I decided to make a run for it.

As soon as I stepped out from my hiding spot , he was standing there, a few meters down the street, his pair of eyes was all I could see, just glaring at me. My feet automatically ran in the opposite direction, I felt like I had no control over them and all they wanted to do was to get me out of there.

My mind was blank. I couldn't think straight. I turned around, tripping a little, to see if he was still following me. No one was in sight. I forced myself to keep running, sweat dripping down my temples, my heart racing and my eyes burning from the tears. Even the rain pouring down on my face didn't seem to cool me off, but I kept running. I couldn't slow down.

What if he was still following me?

I started sprinting. My feet got caught with something on the ground and I fell over, planting myself on the wet ground. My chest hurt from the fall but I paid it no attention. I started getting up when I heard footsteps behind me, splashing onto the puddles.

Damn it, he's here. 

My heart was racing, pounding against my chest. I could literally hear it ringing in my ears. I slowly turned on my back, the rain crashing down on my face. I blinked a couple of times and stared up the figure standing over me in horror.

He had a gun pointed at my face and his eyes were slits. He had a hoodie over his head and he was panting from the running. 

"Up," He demanded. 

This time,I did what he asked instead of giving him a snappy comeback. 

Who couldv'e imagined? If someone told me two weeks ago that my boyfriend was going to be holdng a gun at my face, I would've laughed. 

But right now, I was doing anything but laughing. 

I slowly got my feet, not breaking eye contact with him as I did. 

"Ray," I said, my voice still shaky. "Get that away from my face."

"Shut up!" He yelled. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me to him. I stumbled as my back crashed against his chest. He held me in place with the gun right on my temple. 

"You're coming with me," He hissed.

I've never heard him so angry before. It actually sent chills down my spine. But I was not going to give in. He resisted from hitting me back at the house. I don't think he'd use the gun on me.

"Let me go," I said squirming in his grip. 

"No can do," He said before he started dragging me back towards the house. 

"No," I said planting my heels on the ground to stop him. He threw me over his shoulder and kept walking, ignoring the hits being placed on his back. "I'm not going back there! I don't want to see James! Put me down you asshole!"

"I can't !" He yeled back at me. 

I gave up and started crying. I did not want to see my father. I did not want to see that murderer. 

That man abandoned me and my mom. And he had the nerve to come back? 

What if he did the same thing he did to Lawrence's step dad, to George? 

Would he really kill George? Just to get back in our lives and tell us some bullshit like he died in a car accident?

Ray stopped in his tracks as he heard me let out a sob. He put me down and did something that surprised me.