Car Rides With Your Dog

Sometimes you may have to take your dog with you in the car, so you have to make sure they'll be safe in there. Here are some things you'll need when taking your dog on a car ride:

-Dog seatbelt: A dog seatbelt will attach to your dogs harness and then clip into your cars seatbelt. This will help keep your dog safe during the ride and prevent them from jumping up and distracting you.

-Boot Crate: You can put a dog crate in the boot of your car and put the dog in there. Make sure the crate is secure so that it won't move around while you drive.

-Dog Carrier: This is another option instead of a crate. A dog carrier could be a smaller crate, similar to a cat crate, or a fabric bag that you can place your dog into. These carriers are usually only for smaller dogs, since you'd be carrying them. The fabric carriers are usually exactly the same as the plastic ones, except made of fabric.

Travelling in the car can be a distressing experience for your dog, and it's possible that they may get car sick, especially on their first ride in a car. To help your dog get used to the car, make sure to include the vehicle in your training.

If you'll be travelling for a long time, make sure to pack water for your dog, and to stop every now and then so your dog can stretch their legs and have a bathroom break.

If it's hot in the car, you can open the window a bit, but not all the way as your dog may try to jump out of it and could get injured.
You can also bring along your dogs favourite blanket or toy to help them feel more relaxed during the journey.

Never leave your dog in the car alone without a person with them. A dog can overheat very easily in the car, especially on hot days, so it can get very dangerous.