50. Beginning of Something New

Darshan's pov:

And then he said something I never expected.

"I know Di. He hurt you, Maa and me. If not him then maybe his daughter. Someone had to suffer for his deeds. She didn't deserve the life she had. She didn't deserve the happiness. But now that it's all gone. Why are you still holding onto Darshan? What's the point?" He said this time with a calm tone.

Now it hit me. Karan Mehta and Kiara Mehta. Their surnames weren't a coincidence after all. They were sibling all along.

"I don't know. I think I might.... Have feelings for him." She said blankly.

"Is this love?" He asked. She shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe it is." She replied. He didn't ask any further questions.

I shut down the laptop. Running my fingers through my hairs I thought, so she did love me? Or at least at some point. So it wasn't all true. Part of me felt hurt. I don't know why. I should've been happy but I'm not. It didn't feel the way it felt when she first said it. Maybe the spark within us just died. Maybe it's time for a goodbye.

I don't know how I felt about Prakriti hut I knew it isn't love. At least not entirely. But it's not really friendship either. Maybe it was the beginning of something new? Maybe it's time for a fresh start.

I had to find her. Apologise to her. I have to fix all the mess I created. I have to overcome all those distance that grew between us. Because of me. I hurt her but I promised to myself I would be the one to heal her too. From her diary I knew she didn't move on. Neither did I. Time passed. Everything changed. I tried to mask up my feelings to cope with the time but deep down I was still there on the night. And so was she. We were both on the same page. We needed each other.

I emailed those clips to myself. After keeping everything at it's place, I left. I am at my bed right now. My body was tired since I had a concert last night and wasn't able to sleep today either but my eyes refused to shut. There was so much on my mind. I had to make my mind. I made a huge crack and I were to fix this but the question is how? I spent the entire night wondering how I would apologise to her. Will she even accept me?