40. Broken Trust

Darshan's pov:

I picked up a bouquet of flowers. They are beautiful but not as much as my girl. I looked at the engagement ring for one last time before putting it back in my pocket. Yes today I am gonna propose to her. I wish I could tell Prakriti but she isn't picking up my calls. I shook away my thoughts and started driving.

I reached her house. The door was open which is odd. I got a feeling something is wrong. I quickly got inside her house trying to find her. I heard voices. Is there someone with her? As I got closer to the sound it got clearer. It's Prakriti. I thought she was out of town. What is she doing here? I peeked in and what I saw was devastating. Prakriti was pointing a knife at her.

Prakriti: Get the fuck out of Darshan's life. I won't let you get close to him. He is mine and you can't change anything about it.
She said taking the knife closer to her neck.

Kiara: Please let me go. I love him. I really do. Why are you doing this?

Prakriti: You know why I'm doing this. Because I love him.
She loves me? She was about to attack Kiara.

Darshan: Prakriti stop this shit. Don't hurt her. You don't want to face the consequences of hurting my girl.
She started stepping back. Kiara ran to me. I pulled her into my arms.

Darshan: Are you alright?
She cried in my arms. She is in this state because of Prakriti. I looked at her.

Prakriti: Darshan I swear this is not what it looks like. She attacked me first.

Darshan: Stop lying. I saw everything. I thought you were my best friend. I trusted you with everything I had. I tried my best to keep you happy and you wanted to hurt my love?

Prakriti: Darsh... trust me.
She said in a broken voice. Fake. It's all fake.

Darshan: Get out of this place and our life. You lost all the trust I had on you. This is The End. Don't show your face. Never Ever.
She left the house wiping her tears.