38. Shedding Tears

Prakriti's pov:

I was walking through the hallway when a pair of arms pulled me inside an empty classroom.

Karan: How did you dare to do this?

Prakriti: Do what?

Karan: Don't act innocent. You complained against me to the head teacher. I'm suspended for a month because of your bullshit.

Prakriti: Be happy it's just for a month and not a lifetime. You deserve it a hole.

Karan: What did you just say?
He tightened his grip on my wrist.

Prakriti: LEAVE ME ALONE.
I yelled at him. He didn't replay. Instead he tightened his grip even more and started to force himself on me. I started to scream for help. At one point I was losing hope. I closed my eyes crying. I heard a loud thud. I opened my eyes to find him lying on the ground. When I looked back I saw Darshan standing there boiling in anger. He did this.

***
Darshan: Calm down. Have this.
He handed me a glass of water. I finished it in one sip controlling my tears.

Darshan: I'm sorry I was too late. I should've reached earlier. I knew he would do something still I left you alone. It's all my fault.
He said guilt visible in his eyes.

Prakriti: It's not your fault. In fact you saved me. If it weren't for he he would've....
A lone drop of tear escaped my eyes.

Darshan: shh. Nothing would happen to you. As long as I'm with you, you will be safe.
He pulled me into his arms.

I failed to controlled my tears once again.

Darshan: I know you don't like to cry in front of people but it's okay. Cry your heart out. I'm here. Right beside you. And I always will be.