26. Family

Darshan's pov:

We reached Ahmedabad. As soon as we got down from the car Maa ran to me to pull me into a hug. Both of our eyes were teary. But we weren't the only one tearing up. I could see Prakriti's eyes glistening with tears. Maa broke the hug and hugged Prakriti. Prakriti couldn't control her tears. She broke down in Maa's arms. She doesn't have a family. She knows the pain of living without your parents. She loves Maa just as much as I do or maybe even more. She treats Maa like her own mother and Maa does the same. Their bond made me believe relationships are not made by blood but by soul.

Maa broke the hug after comforting her for god knows how long.

Maa: how are my kids doing?

Prakriti: Now that we've met you. We're feeling the best that we have ever felt.

Dad: Accha ji. What about me.
Prakriti hugged him immediately. I smiled at her antics.

Prakriti: I missed you Both.

Dad: we missed you too

Darshan: Just in case you forgot I'm your son too.
I said faking anger.

Dad: Rajal kuch jalne ki badbu a rahi hein. Haina?

Maa: ha shayad koi baccha ka dil jal raha hain.
They all laughed.

Darshan: This is not fair. Ab mere gusse se bhi kisiko koi fark nahi parta.
I said leaving the place. I could hear them all laughing. I smiled hearing them.