xxɪɪɪ: The lover and the liar

March 3, 2003 Sunday 

✦༝ ┉┉┉ ⋆ (Third Person Point of View)⋆ ┉┉┉ ༝✦

               HAITANI RINDOU is a sadistic and prideful creature. Compared to his older brother who always have a sly and lazy smile playing on his lips, Rindou prefers to remain stoic on the outside. Though, that doesn't mean he can't be just as mischievous, on the contrary—he specialize in sharp and curt snarky remarks that could even wound a full grown man's ego. At least that's what he was before he fell in love. 

It was love at first sight according to Ran, the night he saw the younger Haitani gawking at the boy they met during a losing fight. At first he denied it. It's simply wrong liking someone with the same gender, a crime.  A taboo, in their society. However, the more he got to know [M/N]—with their little fights every Sunday at Roppongi and their little spar—it became harder, and harder not to. He can't help but simply throw himself over the edge of a tall building, hoping someday [M/N] would catch him. 

And when Rindou heard the other begged to be embraced with a barely audible whisper, his heart ache. With how close Rindou is to [M/N], it isn't that hard to hear. He answered by wrapping his arms around [M/N]'s torso. Pale fingers clutching the back of the [E/C] eyed boy's uniform, as tight as he could muster. As if afraid that he'll lose the other the moment he let go, or if he didn't embrace him hard enough. 

✦༝ ┉┉┉┉┉ ⋆ (☣) ⋆ ┉┉┉┉┉ ༝✦

          Why does he keep crying? Why is he so damn weak? [M/N]'s getting tired of this useless tears, it's pointless and troublesome. [M/N] swore this would be the last time he'll let himself be vulnerable. He made a mistake by carelessly trusting the thought of everything returning to normal.  He swore this would also be the last time he'll cry and let his guard down. But right now, let him have this at least. Let him be embraced by the person he trusted the most as if was loved and important, let him be weak and bawl his eyes out. 

[M/N]'s whole body shook violently. Quiet hiccups escape his gritted teeth, tears softly gliding down his flushed cheeks. And to comfort the other, Rindou slowly swayed them side to side—carefully not to accidentally tip farther on one side for them to fall. Running one of his hands up and down through the other's spine, sometimes even drawing different shapes, such as circles and triangles. 

“Please [M/N] just stop. I don't even know who you are anymore,” Rindou mumbled in [M/N]'s neck, where he buried his head to snuggle closer to his friend. Small droplets of tears clinging in his tear ducts like expensive diamonds, while his heart throb painfully for [M/N]'s pain.