xɪɪ: The broken vow

January 8, 2001 Monday

✦༝ ┉┉ ⋆ (Third Person Point of View)⋆ ┉┉ ༝✦

               —TWO MORE days fleet by in a blink of an eye for [M/N]. He didn't want to step even a single foot outside the comforts of his little white room and socialize—as what one of the teacher had told him he should do.

All he want to do is lay on his bed all day, encase himself in a cocoon with his teal blanket and sleep the sadness away. Even if he could not sleep at night, unless he tire himself beforehand—crying is one way to do it and it is a very effective method. He didn't have the motivation to do anything or even eat anything. However, he knew he didn't have a say in this matter. As much as he didn't want to admit it, his sick thoughts are starting to poison his mind. He wouldn't want to disappoint a particular someone if he gave in, now would he?

In a few minutes from now on, an instructor would come and fetch him. He didn't really want to. Still, he stagger out of bed, folding the sheets as clean and pristine as he possibly could with his heavy arms. He remembered his best friend once berating him for not fixing his bed after he woke up when he unexpectedly visit one day like a nagging mother hen.

"...Val," [M/N] absentmindedly muttered out loud. Why is his head always filled with him? Why does he reminded [M/N] with every little thing he do? Maybe it's just his guilt speaking but, it's hard to function like he normally used to when the person who's by his side like a clingy, hardheaded, smart-mouthed, teasing, and idiotic puppy is already gone.

          Three consecutive and resounding knocks from the metal door broke him out of his stupor. [M/N] didn't bother to straitened his uniform or his back. He forced his feet to walk, and trudge to the door. [He couldn't stop but ran his bandaged hand through his now short hair. In his third day in solitary, he was led to a room where an expert guard awaits to trim his hair. He honestly don't know what to feel with his new hair style, a classic buzz cut required for all the offenders.]

The teacher showed [M/N] around the area. South Kanto¹ reform school is just like any standard all boys japanese schools, it has numerous classrooms, a large cafeteria, restrooms, a gym, and field where the boys jogged around. The only difference between regular schools and this one are the fences that surround the entire vicinity of the school, barred windows and not to mention the guards and teachers that patrol around the corridor 24/7.

Throughout the whole tour, [M/N]'s eyes are directed at the hallways polished wooden floor. The teacher shrugged his behaviour off, his only task is to showcase the school and its facilities to the new kid. Dealing with childrens' bullshits is above his minimum wage, he couldn't care less if the boy was listening or not.