Prologue

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A red sky, destroyed buildings, explosives, fire and smoke everywhere, people chasing after clear oxygen with great difficulty, Cloud Knights fighting the mara-struck and the abominations of Abundance, spilled blood of corpses everywhere and people screaming, trying to run away from the horrific battle...

"Everyone! This way!" a Cloud Knight instructed as his fellow knights helped the Luofu natives evacuate to a safe place. While everyone was running away from the horrors of the battle, one couple refrained from moving, holding each other closely. Well, one of them held onto his partner tightly, because...

"Please... stay with me. Please... Breathe... Don't die on me," a raven mane pleaded with a thick voice, like he was on the verge of crying. He wore a once beautiful black and white battle suit, made from materials of the best quality of cotton, now, only for it to be covered with bloodstains and tattered patches here and there...

Despite looking human, he bore draconic features: a pair of elf ears, a gorgeous pair of translucent emerald horns and a beautiful long tail with scales of the same colour, both were now covered in blood and dirt, his tail drooping on the dirty ground...

This man was the vidyadhara High Elder, Dan Feng. Once a cold, proud but powerful leader of the Luofu vidyadhara, a dragon race belonging to the Aeon of Permanence Long. Now, nothing but a weak and heartbroken man on his knees, begging for mercy from any Aeon for his mate to stay alive...

A broken sword laid next to the injured. The man himself was held tightly against the High Elder's chest, raven haired as well, but with blue streaks on some locks. His once beautiful golden eyes turned into dull lifeless amber with dilated pupils. His consciousness was starting to fade away and he felt dizzy because of too much blood loss...

A big and bloody wound was seen on his stomach — a fatal injury...

He was dying...

"D-Dan... Feng, I don't... I don't think I'm going to survive with this injury..." the injured wheezed, weakly putting his hand on Dan Feng's bloody cheek with difficulty. Tears were welling up around the corners of the vidyadhara's emerald eyes. He shook his head and shakily sobbed as he held his beloved warrior closer to his chest.

"No! Please! I refuse to let you go! I... I can still heal you a little bit so you can hold on a little longer! Help is already on the way! Someone will save you! I promise! Just... Please... Please... Don't... Don't leave me now... Not when you're the last one alive I hold so dearly..."

Dan Feng's figure trembled heavily as he put his cheek against his beloved's bloodmatted head. He's already lost so much by having to watch his loved ones either die or go berserk one by one, like his close friends from the High Cloud Quintet. He couldn't lose any more of his beloved people...

Fate was, unfortunately, kind to no one...

"Dan Feng," his love called the High Elder with his last remaining energy. Before he could continue his speech though, he started coughing blood, spitting it on the dirty floor. The High Elder froze as his teary jade eyes met dull amber.

"Please, live on without me... No matter what happens, I will always be by your side... here..." his beloved wheezed as he put his hand on where Dan Feng's erratic beating heart was. "I'm sorry... I have to leave your side so soon... love. But... I promise you... that we will meet again. Will you... wait for me until then?"

"Yeah... I will," Dan Feng cried while nodding his head, "I will always wait for you. No matter how long I have to wait or how much stamina it takes, I will search for you! Even if I'm reincarnated with no memories of you, of us, I will make myself remember and I will find you! Even if I have to search beyond this world, I will find you again! Just... Just don't make me wait for too long, please," the vidyadhara pleaded, grabbing the man's hand from his chest. He gave it a tight squeeze and gave his lover one last kiss...