In Which our Protagonist Begins her Adventure

Start from the beginning

Girls were wearing pants! She had never seen that before and was absolutely enthralled. Her father always told her girls couldn't wear pants, that's it was against the law.

Her wide blue eyes dancing around the beautiful scene, her father gripping her arm with such a harsh pull he nearly dislocated her shoulder.

"Do not stare Avelina," he hissed in her ear, flicking the back of her head.

Evan was staring similarly, however he met everyone else with a sneer. The true Rosier upturned nose at anyone who didn't look like them.

When it came time for Goodbyes, she watched as her father gripped Evan on the shoulder, leaning in and whispering something into his ear that made her brother turn an awful shade of green.

Next was Avelina, who he turned to with his eyes, taking a deep breath. He pulled her in for a stiff hug, his fingers digging into her skin.

"Show them your a Rosier Avelina," he whispered in her ear, before taking a step back.

With a final once over look of both his children, they were dismissed, as he simply apparated away without another word. Both children let out nervous breathes, loosening up a little now that their father was gone.

"Here," Evan said, holding out the piece of toast from earlier.

Avelina looked up, sending her brother a thankful smile as she accepted the piece of bread. Her stomach was rumbling and she definitely wouldn't have made it to Hogwarts on an empty stomach.

"Thanks Evan," she said to her brother, only for him to shrug her off in a whatever sort of way.

"Come on," he told her, as he began to make his way through the crowd. "Father told me to find Mulciber, Avery and Nott, they are all in our year. As well as the Parkinson girls for you. It's better if we start making good friends now-"

Avelina had stopped walking, grabbing Evan by the arm to get him to stop too. Though they never had the conversation, she thought it was an unspoken agreement that they weren't going to listen to jack shit their father said once they got to Hogwarts.

"Evan you must be joking right now," she deadpanned, scanning her brothers face for a hint of a prank.

She knew better, Evan was stone faced as he stared back. His brown eyes staring into her blue ones as if he was confused on why was wasn't jumping at the opportunity to go sit with their fellow purebloods.

"Father ordered us too-"

"Well Father isn't here is he?" she snapped back, cutting him off effectively.

"Still, you can't possibly want to go about making the wrong sort of company Avelina. Besides, we already know most of them," Evan explained as if it was simple. "Come on please," his voice got higher and slighly more nervous, as he reached forward and grabbed his twins sleeve. "I don't want to go in there alone."

Evan was back to having that terrified look on his face, as if he was about to throw up. As much as Avelina didn't want too, she also couldn't disappoint her brother. Whatever this was, he needed her by her side, and she was undoubtedly loyal to him so she nodded her head and let him drag her to pureblood Slytherin compartment.
______

AVELINA WAS READY TO STRANGLE every single person who was currently sitting in the compartment with her.

Evan had taken her to the other pureblood first years, most of them people the twins knew from balls and gatherings and what not. Evan was particularly close mates with Mulciber, Avery and Nott already, who greeted him wide smiles and pats on the back.