Calvus always said he was raised the proper way. He was taught all the proper values of pureblood society and held them close to his heart. He liked to think he had done well by the Rosier name, but clearly his children didn't prove so.

The young girl didn't do anything, just gripped her little hands into fists and continued to stare at the creature like her father wasn't even there.

She could tell he was getting angry, and when he got angry nothing good happened. Though she couldn't bring herself to do it. She'd rather take the punishment then kill this innocent creature like her father so wanted her too.

"You're a disgrace Avelina!"

"Stop your whining and kill the darn thing!"

"Show me your worthy of the Rosier name!"

Click.

Something physically clicked into Avelina's little mind in that moment. Filling her with so much fury it was like she was holding back a damn of decades of pure rage, forged from the mountains of anger. Rage of those who came centuries before her, so much rage she couldn't possibly hold it in.

"Stop!" the little girl shrieked, standing up and pushing the chair back behind her.

Her head was bowed as she stared up at her father with those wide blue eyes. Though usually empty, today they were raging storms that were begging her to let go.

"Come on Avelina, your a pureblood, your a Rosier, kill the—

"I said STOP!" she yelled at him, in such a tone Calvus had never seen before.

Her voice shrill, full of such shaky emotion it seemed as if it was a bubble daring to burst. He resisted the urge to smile— whatever he was doing it was working.

Gone was the perfectly calm little girl, as she was replaced by a little ball of hatred. Pure hatred rippling off of her so much that the glass vase he had on the table began to shake ever so slightly.

"If your not going to do it," he edged, taking a step forward towards the rabbit. He reached a large hand towards it. "Then I will."

Years from now Avelina would remember this moment as clear as day in her mind. As if she could go back to it any moment.

She would remember the uncontrollable feeling in her chest, as if there was a creature inside her clawing it's way out of her throat. She would remember not trying to stop it, and she would certainly remember the look on her fathers face as he grasped at his throat, as if he couldn't breath.

She walked, little pigtails shaking, as her father collapsed onto his knees, face red as he couldn't get a breath through his windpipe. His wide blue eyes, the same ones she shared, were looking at her with such  pleading it was almost unbearable.

The worst part is, Avelina didn't want to stop. It was like a new side of her had been unlocked, and she enjoying watched this man struggle to breath infront of her.

"Avelina what are you doing?" a high pitched voice yelled, and she turned around to see Evan, running towards there father. "Dad, can you hear me?"

Evan was shaking the man's shoulder, whispering him, begging him to wake up and be okay. Calvus was nearly knocked out, his lungs letting out horrid wheezing sounds as he struggled.

The young boys face was full of pure fear. The young boy who spent his afternoons killing rabbits in the meadow. As he looked up to see Avelina, her hand held out towards their father, wet tears flew down his cheeks.

To this day, it was the only time Evan Rosier ever cried.

"Avelina stop! You have to stop!" he shrieked.

And with a click again, Avelina stumbled back, coming into full realization that she was doing this. She watched as Calvus took a deep breath, relief swarming over his face as he did.

Evan reached out, no doubt to try to hug the man, only for Calvus to sway away, pushing his son to the floor.

"Your a weak man Evan. Crying over another man," Calvus snarked, before taking his stand and adjusting his tie.

You would think, Calvus would've been extremely mad at his daughter. Most likely grounding her or sending her to a mental institution, but no this man was thrilled. Over the moon even.

He turned to Avelina with a wide smile, one that was more terrifying then his usual scowl. He reached forward, and for a moment she flinched, only for the man to hug her.

"My daughter," he whispered, as he pulled back, taking her face in his hands. "You are going to do amazing things."

From over her fathers shoulder she could see Evan standing there.

It is often that in this part of the story that people forget he was just a little boy himself. A little boy who almost watched his father die, only to get shoved to the ground by the very man he was crying over. A little boy with a trembling lip and red cheeks, as he tried to calm down his crying with deep breathes.

Avelina wanted to tell Evan that she was sorry, more sorry then knew how to say. He always cared more when father did mean things to them. It was her often that held him at night, whispering reassuring words as he cried to her.

He deserved to be in her spot right now— Receiving an ever so rare hug from the man, and his overwhelming praise.

She'd be lying if she said she didn't worry about Evan immensely. That often at night she lay in bed, sick to her stomach with worry as she thought about her twin brother.

He just deserved so much more, and from a young age Avelina was pained she could never give it to him.

"You may keep the rabbit," Calvus said, motioning to the fury creature. "As a reminder about the day you became a true Rosier."

Avelina gulped, Evan let out a whimper, and Calvus chuckled with pure glee. Nevertheless, the girl reached forward, picking up the rabbit in her arms, and holding it close to her chest.

The walk back to her room for her evening time of reading and relaxation felt like a glaze after that. Her new pet bunny, licking her fingers as her mary jane covered feet slapped on the concrete floor.

When she eventually opened the door to her bedroom— all grey coloured even the carpet— she finally let herself take a shaky breath, placing the bunny on her bed.

"I shall name you Mr Honey," she told the creature, petting his fur thoughtfully.

The more she pet Mr Honey the more the girls mind became to wonder and ponder. The sort of soul searching wondering that you usually do when your much older.

It was then, as her hands were still shaking from nearly trying to kill her father, that Avelina Rosier made a promise to herself she would carry on her heart for the rest of her life.

She didn't like the feeling that brewed in her chest when she was strangling the man. It made her feel like some sort of wild monster who couldn't be tamed. That was not who she wanted to be, and she knew that from a young age.

"I will never be the cause of anyone else's pain ever again," she whispered to herself in the mirror hanging on her vanity. "

I promise you Avelina," she told herself.

"Never again."

The Sun and Her Moon- Remus Lupinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें