And so our story begins....

Zacznij od początku

It was the Rosier charm alright, the same charm that brought their family so much success, combined with their sickly cunning behaviour. Whether it was flashing her cute smile to her Uncle to get extra candy, or a plead to her nanny to let her stay up an hour past bedtime, everyone always said yes to the youngest Rosier.

She was adorable, that was undeniable, with round blue eyes that were as sweet as summer ponds, and rosy cheeks always swelling with happiness. Tumbles of golden curls falling down her back, and a disposition so sweet it was almost sickly.

Calvus never understood how he managed to have a daughter like that, especially when her twin brother couldn't have been more opposite.

Evan Rosier was about as charming as a brick wall was one a hot summer day, and about as captivating as a road killed rabbit festering under the sun. He looked like the type of guy people avoided on the street, with a sneer plastered on his face always, that made it look like he always was smelling something god awful.

From a very young age however, it was clear that he was where all the cruel, cunning and crazy Rosier genes had gone.

He was the twin who would come inside after they finished playing with a dead bunny in his hand, bragging to his father that he killed it with his bare hands.

He was also the twin that would talk his friends into doing anything he wanted. Like giving them their childhood pets to kill.

And yes— that's a true story.

Calvus never quite understood his children, nor did he ever wish too. He just wished they could be normal. Like the type of children who were both charming and cunning.

But no, he got stuck with one child who as a psychopath who couldn't even charm a bag of horse shit, and another who had the demeanour of a daisy and was about as scary as a rose.

Countless nights were spent pacing infront of his twins as they grew, trying to instill proper pureblood values into them.

"Evan put that mouse carcass down this moment— Avelina, stop with twirling!"

He sounded like a broken record the amount of times he told his children similar remarks. Always trying to get them to behave the way pureblood children ought to behave.

At least Evan's problems seemed somewhat fixable. A few etiquette classes and a good couple beatings would hopefully beat enough sanity into the boy so he wasn't complete lot cause.

Avelina though?

She would need a lot more help, if she one day was going to be a respectable Rosier. And so, well Evan was sent off to etiquette classes where he learnt to tie a tie, dance a proper waltz, eat dinner with a fork rather then his hands, Avelina had private lessons with Mr Rosier himself.

Her bottom glued to the wooden seat of the little desk her father had in his study for her and Evan. Blonde hair bobbled into two pigtails, as the eight year old stared at a furry little creature infront of her.

It was a bunny. Avelina's favourite animal, so much so that she often snuck out during the evening to watch them in the small meadow behind Rosier mansion.

"Do it Avelina," Mr Rosier gritted.

He was a young man to have two children of eight years old. He was only 32 himself, still young enough to have a youthful face he hide behind a beard. Though it was already greying, bad genetics or simple stress no one could tell.  He was never seen in anything other then a perfect black armani suite, his blue eyes that matched Avelina's shining down on her.