8

I was in my room twirling around in my new dress when Lucifer came in and I stopped when he laughed.

"Please don't stop on my account." I threw a shoe box at him walking over to him.

"Just unzip me." He did as I asked while he skimmed his hand down my spine.

"Is this for the ball next month?"I nod as he continues unzipping and unclips the back of the dress.

"Valentina helped me pick it out.I was going for something more understated but Nico told me the bigger the better."I say as I shimmy the beautiful gold gown down my body stepping out of it.

"Yes well between us it's where Vin is proposing to Valentina that's why he's throwing it." Lucifer casually slides into the conversation.

I whip around hitting him in the chest.

"No way!"

"Yes way.Now get changed so we can go home." I frown I wanted to be around here for another while the home atmosphere was really comforting.Which was crazy considering the people who I was around and their occupations.

"Is it possible to stay here just for like two days? Because Nico said that if he's not busy tomorrow he'll take Val and I to our house and help us decorate it for you."

He doesn't say anything at first he just sits on the bed staring at me.

Getting up he walks over to me.

"You like being here? You like my family?"

"Yes I mean I haven't properly spoken to Vince but I love Aurora and Val and Nico, they're great not at all what I thought they'd be." I say folding clothes and putting them back into our drawers unexpectedly I let out a scream when Lucifer runs up behind me picking me up.

"I love you Aphrodite."

I froze I don't know why, I knew it was coming I was dating him and lived with him.It's not like I wasn't attracted to him either just the sight of the man had me dripping through my panties but that we'll that was unexpected we'd only been together two weeks.

Sensing my mood he drops me to the floor tilting my head back so we're looking into each others eyes.

"You don't have to say it back, I get it it's still early days between us and don't feel like you have to." He says staring deep into my eyes scanning them for something I can't quite tell.

I throw him a sympathetic smile.I know he's hurt I can't see it in his eyes no matter how hard he tries to mask his feelings.

"I appreciate that baby,now about earlier can we stay another night ?" I plead clasping my hands together around the back of his neck.

"Anything for you amour mio." I smile happily pecking his lips as I grab his hand.

"Come to bed." I drag him towards our four poster canopy bed.

He pulls his shirt off and drops his pants before crawling into our bed and getting under the cover I follow suit.

Curling up next to him I draw shapes on his chest with my fingers staring at the intricate tattoos that cover most of his body.

We let a peaceful silence settle over us as sleep closes in in on me.

"Lucifer?"I ask.

He hums lightly in response still staring at the ceiling.

"I can't say it yet but just know even though I hated you so much when we first met you've worn me down.You're not at all what I thought you'd be." I say closing my eyes and I hear him rustling under the covers like he's turned to face me.

"What did you think I'd be like?" He says stroking my hair.

"I don't know but I'd heard stories from girls in the club about men like you and how they mistreated there wives and girlfriends hit them,locked them up.So I was terrified of what this was going to be like but you've shown me nothing but adoration and affection since."

"I would never lay a hand on you Aphrodite and no one will ever touch you while I'm around and if they do."He lets out a dark laugh.

"They'll suffer the consequences."

This man was a monster ,I knew he was ,but he was my monster and that's all that mattered to me as selfish as it sounded.

Authors note
I've been feeling really bleh about this book.Yk like I could do better for it? I don't know my heads just not fully in it but I think it's because I'm writing so many new books at once.
Anyways here's an update :)
Unedited so ignore any errors!
Love Sophia X.