1

The chandeliers in this ballroom are out of this world extravagant.Glittering and gleaming everywhere they where just beautiful and beautiful things make my heart happy unlike my company.

Ah my date.

Giovanni wasn't an ugly man in fact he was very handsome why he felt the need to acquire my services was beyond me the man had a girlfriend to my knowledge.He was tall ,standing around six foot he had dirty blonde hair and lightly tanned skin.He kind of looked like a male version of me with the crystal blue eyes.

Regardless , his presence was just bearable most of the time and I was around him a lot the man was always paying me to accompany him to most social events.

If I were his girlfriend I would have stabbed one of my Louis Vuitton heels through his neck by this point.The man was a cheater it wasn't exactly surprising a lot of the men in the mafia did it.Why be tied down to one woman when you can be showered in them but you think he'd let his girlfriend leave him, I mean she might want to be with him but I heard rumours from other girls I worked with that he won't let her leave and has threatened to murder her if she ever tried which really wouldn't surprise me.He's just a business man who contracts girls who work in Vincenzo clubs into our on occasion he's the nephew of my boss Luca so he does business regularly with girls from the club if you know what I mean.

I'm just an escort I don't get paid to have sex with men that's a prostitute and I think people confuse the two a lot.I get paid to accompany men and women on the rare occasion.

Sure yeah, I have been offered money for sex and while I would never shame another woman for it I just would never do it.

I sip my champagne while being linked up to Giovanni as he talks macho man business with the capo of the Italian mafia.I know the man,shut everyone does he's the Vincenzo Luciano.The man's an infamous criminal mastermind.

"The meeting with the Chicago outfit is set in stone sir."Giovanni continues to ramble to the poor man desperate for praise and attention from the Capo.

I mean he's not really poor Aphrodite...

Regardless ,no matter who he was I felt bad for the man to have to listen to the constant rambles and clinginess of Giovanni he was just so beggy for Mr.Luciano's attention it was embarrassing I was getting second hand embarrassment from just listening to this conversation.Giovanni doesn't even work for Mr.Luciano. He just does ,I guess you could call it business with him but in my personal opinion he's more of an errand boy trying to work his way into the mafia because if were being realistic he's no more than a thug.He helps run his uncles clubs and men from this kind of world happen to be in the club hence how he met Mr.Luciano.

"Thank you for your assistance in the matter Giovanni I'll be in touch soon.I have business to attend to right now but I hope to catch you later this evening."Vincenzo excused himself staring across the ball room his eyes glued to a ravenous beauty across the room being strong armed by one of his men.

"Evening Ms.Pierce."He says without breaking eye contact with the woman across the room.

"You too Mr.Luciano enjoy your evening."

"Oh I will."He assured me as he begins to move through the sea of bodies but most people jump out of the way at first glance of him.

"Well I think this has been a lovely night so far ,how about a dance?"Giovanni asks taking my hand.

Three and a half hours later I managed to escape Giovanni for a moment on my own as I slip down the hall way to go find the bathroom.

Mindlessly skipping through the grand manor I crash straight into someone.

"Oh god I am so sorry."I apologise straight away knowing how dangerous most of the men at this event are.

Not to mention most of them are definitely strapped.

Rough callous hands steady me helping me regain my footing in these killer heels.

"Yes well it's not entirely your fault."The victim of my assault says as I look up fixing my dress.

The man.From earlier across the ball room.The one who works for Mr.Luciano.

He was sexy as sin.

Tall ,dark and handsome covered in tattoos from head to toe.

"Well sorry again,excuse me."I go to side step him and walk further down the corridor when he grabs my forearm.

"What's your name?"

"Aphrodite."

Like the goddess?"

"Exactly."I wink.

"Fitting."He hums looking me up and down.

"What about you?"

"Lucifer."

"Like the devil?"

"Exactly."

I let out a light laugh before smiling and finally continuing down the corridor to resume my travels to find a bathroom.

I meet up with Giovanni as toasts begin.

Good lord this is like the Mobster Oscars.

Sitting back with Giovanni my eyes wander the room meeting familiar dark brown ones.

Lucifer.

He smirks tilting his glass at me.I look away and turn back to my date,we're allowed socialise to an extent but I still need to do my job and that is accompanying Giovanni.

"You ready to go ?"he whispers in my ear and I nod grabbing onto his arm we stand and exit the room.A certain set of eyes burning into the back of my head the entire time.