5

I stood at the large glass window of my apartment it looked directly down over the city I loved it.Staring down I saw him the moment the car pulled up he got out and looked up meeting my gaze.Turning on my heel I look around my now empty apartment letting out a sigh I can't help but feel a hollowness in my chest.I have no choice I kept telling myself repeatedly all morning.

There is always a choice...

Trying to stop the negative thoughts I drag my cases to the elevator and look around one last time before getting in.I am doing this for my own safety and well being.

The ride down to the lobby felt like it took an eternity but when it dings letting me out Kyle's right there with Lucifer.

"Ms.Pierce I'm going to miss you around here."He says and Lucifer just looks at him rolling his eyes and picking up my cases walking towards the exit waiting by the door.

"I'll miss you too Kyle.Here's the keys back."I say handing over the keys to my apartment.

"You were a model tenant everyone in the building will be sad to see you leave."I nod my head and throw him a light smile in acknowelegdment to his kind statement but I knew no one in this building would miss me I was often ignored by other tenants of the building who found my job unsavoury.

With that I just walk out of the lobby to Lucifer as he puts my bags in his car.

Testing the waters I lean against his clearly very expensive car.

He comes round and stares at me quirking a brow.

"Anyone else would have been shot for that meu amor but not you."He gently moves me and opens the car door for me.Why is he so nice it seems almost abnormal considering who he is.I don't know why but I find his bizarre kindness unsettling.

We get in and after silence for what seemed like an eternity I speak.

"So what made me special?"

"What made you ask me to buy you?"He shoots back glancing at me before looking back to the road as he turns up a backroad.

"Protection."I quip.

"Care to elaborate Ms.Pierce."

"No ,I do not."I say ice in my voice as I turn and look out the window.

Clearing his throat he speaks up.

"Well while I do have my own house sometimes we will have to stay in Vincenzo's with him and his...girlfriend.So tonight we are going to my house with the purpose of getting you settled in with your belongings but later tonight we have to go over there."

"Seriously? You want me to live in a house with the capo of the Italian mafia?"

"Aphrodite, stop being dramatic he's my best friend."Lucifer chides looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

Yeah well I hear all about what you and your bestie do for fun.Of course I didn't say it out loud but that's what I thought.

"I am not being dramatic Lucifer ,what if I drop an apple or something? The man will probably cut my hand straight off."

He laughs.

"He will not touch you stop being so dramatic he knows who you are.In fact he's set you up to have a girls night with his girlfriend tomorrow night."

"Okay no that's it return me back home I take back my choice."I dramatically slam my head back against the leather headrest.

His hand lands on my thigh with a hard smack squeezing it he speaks while driving the car with the other hand.