30. The perfect daughter

Start from the beginning

"So what? You're her guard dog now?", he muttered walking over to him again.

"Rafe just shut the fuck up, you're literally high off your ass so if you don't shut your fucking mouth. Leave", I said getting annoyed with him as I got out of the bed. 

"Fuck this", the boy groaned and without a last glance he stormed out of the room. The front door slammed shut making me jump slightly. 

"You okay?", Topper asked carefully. 

"Yeah, I'm perfect", I replied sarcastically. I started grabbing my stuff as the air began to get thinner by the second. 

"What are you doing?"

"Thank you Top for helping me but I don't want more people to assume that we fucked", I muttered collecting my clothes, ready to walk out. 

But before I could even leave the room, Topper grabbed me by my arm, stopping me from walking out. 

"It's okay to miss her, you know?", Topper said in a soft voice. 

The lump that had just disappeared from my throat came back immediately. I took a deep breath before staring into his eyes. 

"Not when I'm the reason she's dead", I snapped before freeing myself from his grip and making my way to the front door. 

Before I could close it, I heard Topper yelling my name, telling me to come back but I just ignored him as I started walking towards my parents' house. 

Soon I approached the familiar white house that stuck together with the other big white houses, how pathetic. 

My feet felt heavy and all I wanted was to get shit-faced all over again, letting Ricardo do my drinks while I drown my thoughts and emotions.

I pushed open the door which seemed to be heavier than usual. The house looked like it stood still in time. Nothing had changed everything was in its place like it was supposed to be. The perfect dollhouse.

"Honey, you're home. We're having breakfast you wanna join?", my mother asked sweetly making me feel sick all over. 

I looked at her baffled, how could they pretend everything was going great? Like nothing ever happened. 

"No"

"No? Madison we're worried about you. You can't just stay out all night not telling us where you are and then go up to your room. I barely see you anymore", my mother sighed. 

"Well if I get killed you know who did it", I muttered walking towards the stairs. 

"What did you say?", my father asked appearing next to my mother. 

"Nothing. I'm gonna go upstairs so if you'd excuse me", I smiled fake sweetly. 

"Madison, school starts in a week and I want you to be your absolute best. You understand me? No more running around, sleeping around. This stops in a week, understand", my father said almost threatening me. 

"Yes sir. I'll be the perfect daughter in a week again. So if you'd excuse me, I wanna get drunk off my ass as long as I can still do it", I replied walking up the stairs. 

My parents sighed but decided to let it go, after all, I had one more week to drown my emotions and be the most miserable I have ever been.

*

My feet stumbled against the hard floor beneath me. I was wearing another tight long summer dress as well as some sandals. Even though I was shit-faced I wanted to look hot. 

Ricardo, as I've said before, made the best drinks but he send me home after my fifth. What a dick, I thought we were friends. 

While walking back towards my house, I decided I didn't wanna go back and see anyone of my family.