➍➎

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟒𝟓
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
On Sunday, after we had taken Bbama for a run in the park. I picked up some fresh flowers to go with the chocolates I had bought earlier in the week.

"I'm so not taking wine to a family who owns a vineyard." I said. "And actually, maybe the flowers are a mistake, given that your sister is a florist."

"No, not. Stop worrying." Leeknow kissed me. "They'll love you."

"Didn't you worry about meeting my family?" He squeezed my hand.

"Of course I was worried. I wanted them to like me."

"Exactly. That's how I am feeling right now."I said.

"They'll know immediately that you're not like Soojin. They won't give you a hard time." he reassured me, clearly working out what I was worried about.

I wasn't so sure but, when we arrived at Leeknow's parent's house, the warmth of their welcome melted my worries away.

"Jenna, this is my mother and my father" Leeknow said as his parents came and gave me a warm hug.

"My sister, Minju,my brother- in-law Mark and their son, Jungwon.and my brother, Felix, my sister-in-law, Hani, and their daughter, Sua.. Everyone, this is Han Y/N." Leeknow introduced me to his family and vice versa.

"Pleased to meet you." I said and handed the flowers and chocolates to Leeknow's mum. "How lovely-grazie, bella."Mrs. Lee said and hugged
me again.

"I didn't bring wine because well, the vineyard and Leeknow absolutely hates the wine I buy." I said. "Sorry if that seems rude."

" It's not rude at all, dear. You didn't have to bring anything, just yourself. Welcome to our house."Mr. Lee said and gave a warm smile.

After that, I lost track of who was saying what because everyone was talking at once, and I lost count of all the hugs, too. The Lee were clearly a very tactile family. And I liked that.

"I'll put the flowers in water, Mom", Minju said. "Come with me, Y/N and I can get you a glass of wine. The men can go and light the barbecue."

In other words, I thought, this was my turn to be grilled, as my own brother had grilled Leeknow yesterday.

"Good choice of blooms."Minju said as she put the flowers in water.

"Bringing flowers to a florist..." I winced.
"I knew it was stupid. Sorry."

"You brought the flowers to a florist's mother, if we're being picky. Mom loves flowers and I'm not in the least bit territorial." Minju said with a smile.
"Now, wine. Red, white, rosé?"she asked.

"Whatever's open." I said politely.

"Red, then." She said.

"The wine your family won an award for." I said remembering Leeknow mentioning about it once.

"Leeknow's told you a lot about us?" Minju paused. "Did he tell you...?"

"About Florence?" I nodded. "That was so hard for him. And I assume he's told you about Bora."

"What you did for your sister in law and brother was amazing." She said.
softly. "The most precious gift you could ever give someone."

"I love my sister in law like she is my real sister and my brother too. I was the one person who could make her world right." I shrugged. "Anyone would've done the same in my shoes."

"Not everyone."Minju looked closely at me. "You have a good heart, and I think you'll be good for Leeknow".

"Just as I think he's good for me. So are you hoping for a girl, this time round?" I asked. Minju's eyes widened. "Leeknow told you about the baby?"

Ouch. I didn't want to drop Leeknow in it, so I fibbed slightly. "Just that he was about to be an uncle again. But I remember what the early days are like. Plus I noticed you didn't have a glass of wine and Hani did."

"Ah......" She smiled. "I couldn't not tell him about. the baby, because I didn't want to leave him out. But I felt bad about the timing."

"Because it's near Eunha's birthday?" I asked. Leeknow hadn't actually said when it was, but I knew it was soon, and guessed that he'd find that day hard.

"Yes. We all miss her. And it's such a shame Soojin wouldn't let her daughter share our family. Jungwon and Sua are around the same age as Eunha and they all played so nicely together. We were good for her and she was good for us." She sighed. "But Soojin didn't see it that way and she broke Leeknow's heart."

And I hoped that I could mend it again. "He looks happier than I've seen him in a long time.That's a good thing." Minju said. "Now, let's join the others in the garden"