①⑧

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟏𝟖
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
Surprisingly I was enjoying this dance session with Y/N. I thought it would turn out to be an awkward one but it didn't turn out like that.

As I was enjoying myself doing the new dance that I have just learned. Something caught my eyes.

Y/N had taken the scrunchie out of her hair and her curls were free and wild; she was laughing and her brown eyes were sparkling, and she looked utterly beautiful-like a goddess.

I hadn't felt this kind of pull towards someone since I'd first started dating Soojin.

The thought was enough to haul me up short and I missed the beat, stumbled and stopped.

"Are you OK?" Y/N asked

"Sure." I smiled at her, not wanting to tell her what was really wrong. "I've just stumble on my own leg that's all." I said trying to find an excuse.

She smiled back. "A couple of the guys at our salsa class just couldn't work out which feet to move, so our teacher got them to wear a band on each blue for left and red for right to give them a visual cue, and it really helped."She shrugged. "Though I guess this isn't really the place for it."

She slowed her movements down and talked me through the steps until I was moving confidently again.

Y/N was just the same outside work as she was on the ward, kind and considerate without making
a big deal of things. I really liked that about her.

I danced with her to the rest of the song, then said, "It's time for me to go and sell raffle tickets among the crowd."

Her glance said very clearly that she knew I was chickening out of the dancing; I wondered if she realised why. I hope so not because it was her nearness rather than the actual dancing that spooked me.

Did she feel the same pull towards me that I fell towards her? And if so, what were we going to do about it? Could I take a risk with her?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Third person's POV
Even though Leeknow was officially walking round the seated audience, sweet-talking them into buying more raffle tickets, he still couldn't take his eyes off Y/N. She was dancing a much faster and more com plicated salsa with three or four people he guessed might be from her class, because they were keeping up with her and doing all the dipping and swaying and turns-things he was very glad she hadn't suggested that he tried doing, because they were way above his pay grade.

The way she moved was stunning, all sinuous and sensual. He wanted to walk over there, dance with her and then kiss her until they were both dizzy. Which would be a really stupid thing to do. He worked with Jenna, and they'd agreed to be colleagues and friends. Anything else would just lead to heartache.

He concentrated on selling the raffle tickets until all the prizes had been won, then took Y/N a glass of water.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's's POV
"Thanks, that's so kind of you." She said as I bought me a glass of water.

She drank all the water in one go, and then smiled at me. And how crazy was it that my heart felt as if it had just done a backward somersault?

I managed to pull myself together. Just.

"All the prizes have been won, so Yeji and I are going to count up the money and she said we need to take off the float."She said.

"The float was ten pounds. Thank you. There's a box under the table with bags for the coins and rubber
bands for the notes, plus a big padded bag to put the whole lot in."she said.

Clearly Y/N had done this sort of thing before because she was perfectly organised.

As if my thoughts had shown on my face she said," With my sister-in-law being a teacher, I've helped out at a lot of school events in my time and counted up a lot of takings, so I know the most efficient way to deal with the money afterwards."

"Got you." I said.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
Me along with Leeknow and Yeji were busy doing our work untill Day6 had played the last song of the danceathon,

Sungjin called me on to the stage to round up the evening.

"Thank you everyone, for coming tonight."I said. "And I'd like to thank everyone who's helped at a stall, donated a prize, sponsored a dancer, danced here on the floor tonight or come along for support and bought things. Thank you to all the parents and local businesses who've helped us with food and drink and prizes. We'll total everything up over the weekend and I'll make sure how much we've raised is posted on the ward's website and social media page. And thank you, too, on behalf of our patients, because the toys your money's going to buy will help them settle on the ward and distract them from some of their worries. That re ally makes a difference and it means that treatment is less stressful for them. Thank you-all of you."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════
Do vote and support ❤️😊