➌➎

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟑𝟓
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"Fish and chips are on me." he said
"I'll take you up on that." He stole another kiss.

We were halfway to the nearest fish and chip shop when we heard a scream and saw a small child sprawled on the pavement next to a lamp-post. The mum looked worried and the baby in the pram started wailing.

"I'm a doctor. Can I do anything to help?" I asked, going over to them.

"I..........."The woman raked a hand through her hair. "Cuddle the baby."I said "and we'll look after your little girl we're both doctors. I'm Y/N and this is Leeknow."

"I'm Jisoo. And my daughter's Lia." Gratefully, Jisoo scooped up the baby and began rocking him against her shoulder.

"Lia."I gently picked up the little girl. "Where does it hurt, sweetheart?" I asked.

"I bumped my head."the little girl sobbed. "And my knee. I want Mummy."

"Mummy's here"Jisoo said. "The nice lady's a doctor and she'll make you better."

"Can I have a look at your bumped head?"I asked.

The little girl gave a shy nod "You'll definitely have a bit of a hump there tom row."I said, and took a small first aid kit from my bag." I'm going to wipe your knee and put a plaster on it. While I'm doing that, can you sing me a song?" In response, Lia sobbed.

"You can help me sing a song, if you like."Leeknow said. "Do you know "Old MacDonald Had a Ye-es."she said, sounding slightly doubtful "Let's sing it together and you can choose what animals we sing about" Leeknow said.

I gave him a grateful smile. While Leeknow distracted the little girl with 'Old MacDonald-getting her to do the animal noises and a very loude I-ee-I-oh I cleaned up the cut and put a sticking plaster on it.

"It's a non-allergenic plaster."I told Jisoo. "As she had a bump on her head, I just want to check her pupils, if that's OK with you?"

At Jisoo's nod, I took a penlight from my bag "Lia, your singing is beautiful. Can you keep sing with Leeknow while I shine a little light in your eye"I ask the little girl.

"Yes."Lia said this time sounding less unsure.

"Equal and reactive."I said when I had checked Lia's pupils. "Which is a very good thing"

"What's happened?"A man carrying wrapped parcels from the fish and chip shop came hurrying over.

"Daddy!"Lia said and burst into tears. "Lia fell and bumped her head. These nice people are doctors-they're helping." Jisoo said.

"Thank you."he said. But then he looked worried

Jisoo's words sank in. "Bumped her head? Do we need to take her to hospital?" He asked.

I shook her my head "Just keep an eye on her for now .Children often go to sleep after a bump on the head, but keep a check on her and make sure you can wake her. If you can't wake her, or say by the end of the afternoon she tells you she has a headache, she feels sick or she's still sleepy, take her straight in to the emergency department and tell them when she bumped her head and what her symptoms are." I advised.

"Thank you."Jisoo said, still rocking the baby whose wailing had turned to soft, huffing sobs. "Both of you. That was so kind of you to help."

"It's what anyone would do."I said with a smile. "Take care of yourself." I smiled

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
"You're really good with children." I said as we walked on.

Y/N rolled her eyes. "I hope so or I'd be a bit rubbish at my job."

"No, I mean you have that warmth about you.Kids respond to you"I said.

"They respond to you too."she said. "And it's not just your packs of cards and terrible jokes."

Tell her

Something triggered me.

She hadn't been judgemental when I told her the bare bones about Soojin. And that definitely hadn't been pity in her eyes.

Could I tell her?

If I opened up to her would it change things? Stupid question. Of course it would change things. But maybe she could help me move on.

It still wouldn't be closure but Y/N would have a different perspective
on the situation, nothing been involved. She might help me see a way through.

"Let's go and sit down." I said.

"Sure." she said as if she guessed that I wanted to tell her something monumental she didn't try to chatter; she simply held my hand and waited while I found a relatively quiet spot on the beach.

Tell her

Something triggered me again.

I took a deep breath. The words felt as if they would stick in my throat but I forced them out .

Well here goes nothing.........

"I used to be a dad."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Looks like Leeknow is finally taking the courage to open up about his past.....

Find out in the next chapter......what he reveals about it.......

Do vote and support ❤️😊