④④

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟒𝟒
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
Finally I ended up on the floor with Bora, helping her make a tower of bricks she could knock down and then patiently reading a series of board books she brought over to me from the lowest bookshelf. "Lino...... tory"Bora said imperiously for the fourth time, toddling over and thrusting another book at me

"Lino 'tory', peese." She winned. It was very cute the way she calls me 'Lino' instead of 'Leeknow' because she can't pronounce it properly.

"Hey, missy, he's already read you three stories. Enough, now His coffee will get cold." Ara said.

" I really don't mind." I said with a smile. I'd always loved reading to Eunha including my nephew and niece too. Also still can't get over the way Bora had pronounced my name when she'd asked for a story.

"I think Y/N will tell you, on the ward, you take your coffee at whatever temperature you can get it." I said.

"I know, I know, it's a medic thing. Jisung's parents says the same. Even so." Ari scooped Bora into her arms and kissed her. "How about Daddy reads you the duck story? Then it's time for lunch."

"Unch......" Bora said and clapped her hands. "Dada 'tory. Duck!"

"They're gorgeous at this age." I said. Bora was the same age Eunha had been when I'd last seen her and at the same stage, starting to put words together and making tiny sentences. I loved this and feeling part of the family, even at the same time as it squeezed me with a reminder of what I had lost.

Ari lived up to her reputation as a great cook, because lunch was chicken with all the trimmings, followed by strawberries and home-made caramel ice

"I hope the food taste okay. Y/N told me that your cousin is a Michelin-starred chef who taught you to cook." Ari said.

I laughed. "Apart from the fact that this was amazing and yes I did notice that you put fresh tarragon and butter under the chicken skin. The food taste amazing.I heard that you taught Y/N how to make lasagne and that you make the best ones in the world. I'm very much looking forward to sampling it."

"Perhaps the next time we have a meal together." Ara said.

"The time after."I corrected "because next time it's my turn to cook."

"As long as it's that scallop and pasta thing." Y/N said. "It's amazing."

I couldn't help being amused. "It does have a proper name, you know."

"Scallop and pasta thing sounds good enough to me." Ari said with a grin. "Be kind. Y/N burns water, remember."

"And offers people her special granola for dinner." I teased and everyone laughed.

"Hey!!.....I can cook too okay. Maybe not as good as you both.....but at least Jisung appreciates my cooking." Y/N argued and dragged Jisung into the conversation.

"That's because Jisung is too kind. He will appreciate even when the food taste horrible or to an extent it's not even properly cooked also."Ari said.

"Hey!!...... Hey!! Why are y'all dragging me into this." Jisung protested.

Jisung patiently helped Bora with her meal and when we had all finished eating I shared the washing duties with Jisung before we all took Bora to the park.

Bora insisted on holding hands with me and Y/N and also wanted me to push her on the swings.

"You're a natural with children." Jisung said. At that moment I really missed my little girl. "I like kids." As if he had guessed what I wasn't saying. Jisung said gently "Maybe when Eunha is older she'll come looking for you."

"If she does, I'll welcome her with open arms." I said. "Biology has nothing to do with being a parent."

" I'm glad you feel that way. Not everyone does." Jisung said.

I knew exactly what Jisung was telling me. "Hyunjin needs to take another look at his priorities."

"Hyuniin had better keep a million miles away from my sister or I'll take him to pieces with a rusty spoon." Jisung countered.

"I can assure you that you won't need a rusty spoon for me."I told him.

"Good. Because I won't go easy on you if you ever hurt my sister. But for now I trust you."

"Bora's adorable."I said looking at the little girl giggling as the swing goes up.

Jisung grinned. "I won't argue with that."

"And so." I said "is your sister."

"I won't argue with that, either." He patted my arm. "I reckon you'll do, Leeknow."

"Glad to hear it." I smiled, and continued pushing Bora until she'd had enough of the swings.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"I like him."Mom said keeping her voice low, when we were back at the house and Jisung and Leeknow were settling Bora in her cot for a nap.

"He's definitely a family man. And I notice he puts other people first. That's a good thing." Dad agreed. "Jisung said he likes him, too. So you can tell Leeknow he has four yeses from us." Ari said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes and said "This isn't a TV talent show, you know."

"We know. But you knew we were going to check him out when you brought him to meet us. And he gets extra points for the way he played with Bora and read her those stories" Ari said. "You picked the right one this time. Y/N."

"But I haven't met his family yet."I said. That could possibly be a sticking point. Bearing in mind how much Soojin had hurt him, no doubt they'd be very protective of him.

"They'll love you. Don't worry." Mom told me, patting my shoulder.
"They'll see the way you both look at each other and they'll adore you."she added.

"Just as we noticed the way you look at each other." Ari said.

"We don't look at each other like anything," I protested.

"Oh, you do, love."Mom said gently. "And that's a good thing."

Later that evening, Leeknow and I walked back to my flat with our arms wrapped round each other.

"I like your family a lot." Leeknow said.

"Good. They liked you, too." I took a deep breath. "One hurdle down, one to go."

"You'll probably get a grilling from Minju."he warned.

"Like you did from Jisung?"I said.

He smiled. "That's what siblings are for. And I didn't mind. I knew he did it because he loves you and he's worried about you. Which is exactly why you won't mind getting a grilling from Minju."

" Well..... that's true so I won't protest with that." I smiled.