➌➊

𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟑𝟏
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"So is this one of your cousin's recipes?" I asked

"It's the family version."he said. "The one Chan would cook in his restaurant is a bit more complicated plus he'd do all the flashy plating with pretty dabs of sauce. Which, by the way you won't get from me."

"That's fine. I already know from what you did in my kitchen that you're a good cook. You don't need to pretty up the food on my behalf." I said.

I watched Leeknow sauté the chopped courgettes and scallops; then he added stock, saffron and sun-dried tomatoes.

"That smells amazing." I said.
"It's one of my favourite sauces." he said.

He checked his watch, then added a spoonful of crème fraîche to the sauce. Then he drained the pasta, mixed in the sauce and divided it between two bowls, took the bread from the oven, and served up.

"I've never seen pasta like this before."
I said looking at the short, fat, ridged tubes.
"Ari likes messing about with different pasta shapes, but even she hasn't cooked me this before."

"It's pacchieri." he said. "The shape and the ridges mean it holds the sauce better."

"Right." I took a mouthful. "Wow. This tastes even better than it smells."

"Thank you but you saw for yourself. It really wasn't that difficult to make. All you do is follow a op recipe, just like you follow the procedures for treating chat a medical condition." He said.

"Nope, not convinced." I said. "This is wonderful. Between you and Ari, I've eaten really well this week."

"What, no bowls of cereal for dinner?" he teased. "Twice, this week."I said. "After salsa and ball- room class. But I'll have you know it's seriously good granola, and I added blueberries and banana and Greek yoghurt-so it was pretty healthy."

"I'll teach you a couple of easy recipes, he said.

"Thanks for the offer, but Ari's already tried and failed. I mean I did learned some simple ones  and Jisung somehow appreciates my cooking even though it's not the best.
I'm much better at appreciating food than cooking it and I'm happy to stay that way." I said.

"Fair enough."he said.

After we finished the pasta, he cleared their empty plates away and brought over a bowl of strawberries then a plate of shortbread and a tub of premium vanilla ice cream.

"The strawberries look nice." I said.

"I've done them the way I leaned from my cousin in the States, sliced thickly and marinated in balsamic vinegar, sugar and black pepper for thirty minutes at room temperature."

I raised an eyebrow. "Black pepper, with strawberries? Seriously?"

"Seriously. It brings out the flavour. Give it a try!"he suggested.

I was unsure of how it will taste but still gave it a try and you know what I loved it.

"You're right. It really brings out the
flavour. And that shortbread is fantastic. If you make some of that for the ward kitchen, you'll have everyone worshipping you."

He laughed. "It's not that difficult to make. Maybe we can cook some together, at some point."

"Maybe." I said my tone making it clear that I was volunteering for washing-up duties rather than actual cooking.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
It was really cute.....the way she really admired and appreciated my cooking when over here I feel like it's not really a big deal being able to cook those dishes.

When we finished,I said "Shall we have our coffee in the living room?"

"That'd be nice. Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked..

"No, it's fine. But thank you for the offer."I replied.

"Can I at least wash up??"she asked.

I shook my head. "I have a dishwasher. No need."

I did at least let her carry her own mug of coffee into the living room. It was very plain, with a sofa, a state-of-the-art audio-visual system, and a large book- case. But there were masses of framed photographs on the mantelpiece.

"May I?" she asked, gesturing to the photographs.

"Sure." I replied.

She put her mug down on the coffee table and went to take a closer look. There was a graduation photograph of me with  my parents, plus wedding and christening photographs.

"My brother, Felix, and sister-in-law Hani on their wedding day." I said as she picked up the frames one by one."and with their daughter Sua on her christening day. And my sister, Minjoo and her husband Mark on their wedding day and with their son Jungwon at his christening."

"That's such a gorgeous photo."she said pointing at the photo of our family in front of a Christmas tree with an elderly golden retriever.

"My parents are at the stage of life where it's almost impossible to get them something for Christmas, so we get together and do a family portrait for them every year." I explained.

"Including the dog." She said.

"Suki's part of the family." I said simply. "That's obviously last year's family photo. And actually it's lovely seeing Sua and Jungwon change every year, from babies in arms, to toddlers, to how they are now. " I said with a sad smile.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════
Do vote and support ❤️😊